What can you NOT leave home without?????

ishophepays

I find my heated rollers a real help on BAD HAIR DAYS . Plug them in Put them on WAIT Off VOILA HUman again with a head of curls It does give you a lift I will travel with them again

And if she has straight hair a flat iron....the ships blow dryers are notoriously bad so a flat iron finishes the job really well.

I am thinking as a girl, not as a mom to a 2 1/2 year old...those days are over for me...but I think with the kids club and everything she might be getting dolled up a couple nights......

As for practical things...duct tape...she may have to tape the drawers shut so her child does not open and close them repeatedly until he crushes his finger....(like my neighbors on my last cruise).

Zip lock bags.....post its....nightlight for bathroom.

I have to make a list for my newbie son and d-i-l of things they should bring on their cruise and am looking for suggestions.

They are in the 35-40 yrs range and have a 2 1/2 yr old boy.

A favorite familiar toy for the son.

LOTS of sunscreen, especially for son. Aloe Vera gel/lotion in case of sunburn anyway.

Meds that the boy might need for a cold, diarrhea, earache, etc etc.

Meds that adults might need: aspirin, cold med, stomach remedies.

Bandaids.

CAMERA with plenty of memory for photos.

The usual cruise items.

~Lysol wipes (for insides of drawers and shelves in closet...wait till you see how dirty they get when you use them....takes two minutes and you're done)

~Ziplock bag to keep the TV remote control in

~Copy of travel protection purchase confirmation and account number

~Copy of your ID/passport/credit cards (with customer service phone numbers) left in safe or suitcase, in case you lose your wallet (Also, you can take a digital picture of these and send them to your email..don't leave on your camera in case you lose THAT)

~medicated lip cream like Blistex

~gas ex trust me you will get an attack of BLOAT at least once or twice during the week!

~Stroller for the baby

Sunglasses, camera, passports, half the clothes you think you will need, comfortable shoes. I take a paperback I carry around and use my room card for a bookmark. I don't like the lanyard hanging around my neck.

We could have sold lanyards on our last cruise. Everyone kept asking us where we got the lanyards for our kids Cabin Card. Definately a must.:D And we will never again cruise without Peptobismal couldn't buy it anywhere on the ship and spent a very long evening with DH in the bedroom and Loo

I insist on having a lanyard for my ship card. It doesn't require a pocket and I can take it everywhere with me (hottub included!) so I never lose it.

• Sweatshirt
  • Highlighter, pen
  • Docs/Passport
  • 2 swim suits since 1 is always wet
  • enough underwear for a week
  • a few shirts
  • couple pairs of shorts
  • slacks/skirt
  • white hot outfit!
  • 2 pair flip flops, 1 pair dressy shoes
  • standard toiletries (toothbrush/paste, deoderant,razor, hair gel/spray and any specialty items)
  • spray sunblock (it is easier to reapply so you actually do it)
  • medication - cold, headache, allergy, bonine, immodium

That is all you ACTUALLY need. You can add to that as need be. I don't find a need for a power strip since I spend so little time in the cabin there is no need to have 10 million things plugged in at once.

As for the 2 year old, make sure there is extra clothing, comfy shoes and whatever toy or entertainment item they can't do without.

I was told to pack, then unpack and remove some items, repack and repeat. I take a carry on bag and a backpack, nothing else.

I have to make a list for my newbie son and d-i-l of things they should bring on their cruise and am looking for suggestions.

They are in the 35-40 yrs range and have a 2 1/2 yr old boy.

PORTABLE DVD PLAYER WITH THE TODDLERS FAV MOVIES- THIS IS A MUST! :D

I recently traveled on NCL with my one year old daughter and 2 year old son and the dvd player came in SUPER handy at times when I needed them to be distracted, like at meals. They would watch an entire movie quietly while we got to actually enjoy the meal. It worked great for us. That is seriously the only thing that we were always making sure we had in the stroller with us.

Hope they have a great time! :)

Archived