Cahuita National Park (beach)

MrsBlair

We have a tour booked with Your Lucky Tours in October to go to a banana plantation, coffee plantation and the beach, which is Cahuita.

Has anyone been? I just realized that because it's a national park and not a resort or anything that they probably don't have beach chairs or facilities.

If anyone has been, please let me know what your experience was. Thanks!

Our family was just at the Cahuita National Park beach a week ago through a private tour. The beach is beautiful and natural and there are some nice walking paths through the Park. I found the water to be very warm. I am not sure if you can expect different water temperature and weather in October as opposed to April. There are no lounge chairs but there are a few picnic tables scattered throughout the Park and along the beach area. I guarantee you will like it.

• 4 weeks later...

We only walked on the forest path for a short distance and didn't see any wildlife, including snakes. There weren't any mosquitoes near the beach but I imagine that there might be some in the forest. We took malarone to prevent malaria while we were on the cruise but if you're not planning on spending a lot of time in the forest, you will probably be fine without it.

Archived