British Colonial Hilton/Senor Frogs??

somechic

You can also see them by clicking here -- the BCH pictures are about 19 or so into the "roll". It shows the beach, the palapas and the pool (which also had a few shady spots.

I'm not one for sitting in the sun either and I had no problems finding a nice shady spot!

And to answer your other questions, yes they do play music by the pool until 3:00. It was good music too. And I'm not sure if the kayaks and the inner tubes are included or not. There's a hut there where you get the towels. Maybe you get those there too. But I'm not sure if there's a charge or not. I still have their email address in some old correspondence if you need it to send them a note to ask.

I have another question. I was on the Trip Advisor website reading some reviews of the BCH and there were several that mentioned stagnate water with raw sewage draining into the water near the beach.

Did you swim in the ocean? If so, did you notice anything like that?

Thanks!

Next the the BCH, there is a pipe that has run off water from rainfall. Some people assume it's sewage, it is NOT.

The water at BCH is crystal clear. It is, however, near to the port, so some are not happy with the location. I, for one, think it's the best spot in Nassau.

If you want somewhere quiet to soak up the sun and cool off in gin-colored water, BCH will do fine. No wave to fight, no vendors, just sunshine, peace and quiet.

I have another question. I was on the Trip Advisor website reading some reviews of the BCH and there were several that mentioned stagnate water with raw sewage draining into the water near the beach.

Did you swim in the ocean? If so, did you notice anything like that?

Thanks!

Two Cruisers 723:

Thanks so much.. we have been debating which beach we want to go to BCH or Cable. Only in port from 8-2 and we wanted to stop by Senor Frogs on our way out.

Did BCH have any music playing, or activities on the beach. I know beach is small, but I saw some boats or rafts in a couple pictures i think. Let me know if you know haha.

Also, do u know if Hard rock is anywhere close to BCH? I would like to pick up a T-shirt there..

Senor Frogs is literally right next door to the British Colonial Hilton. We went in there and looked around their gift shop before we went to the hotel. And since we were lucky enough to be in port overnight, we went back there later that night for some yard drinks.

They had kayaks and inner tubes on the beach at the BCH. I'm not sure if they were included in the $15 or not as I didn't inquire. I do know that there were floating mats in and around the pool area that you just take and use for no charge. So maybe it's the same with the other water stuff.

There was a band playing music by the pool until 3:00 and they were really good. You could hear the music while laying on the beach.

Hard Rock Cafe is about half way between the ships pier and the BCH. As you're walking along the sidewalk across the street from the water, look up the side streets that you cross. It's on one of the side streets on the left side as you look up it. The sign is really small. It's not like a Hard Rock you'll find in most cities that stands out. So you have to really look for it. But we found it and went into their gift shop and brought home a big coffee mug with guitars on it. I like to remember my vacations while I'm drinking my coffee each day.

Enjoy your cruise.

We were there on a Friday. So I'm not sure what will be open. But it's hard to believe that the shops are all going to close down and give up the income from the ships. I'm sure there will be some shops open.

As a matter of fact, it was Good Friday when we were there. Just a week ago tomorrow. So sad. Anyway, they weren't serving alcohol on the beach at BCH until after 6:00 because it was Good Friday. They said that no one on the island was supposed to. But after we left BCH and walked by Senor Frogs at around 4:30, they were drinking out on the deck. So it didn't stop them. And unless there are laws that say they can't serve on Sunday, I'm sure they will. They want that business. They don't get it from the locals at Senor Frogs anyway. They cater to the cruise passengers & hotel guests. They actually charge cruise passengers & hotel guests (in the evenings, not daytime) $7.00 for cover charge to get in Senor Frogs. But they charge the locals $35.00 each. And you have to show your sail & sign cards or hotel keys to prove you're not a local. They don't want the locals running off the tourists.

There were actually a few stores closed on the day we were in port. Maybe they decided to observe Good Friday. But the majority of them were open. Hopefully they will be for you too. At least part of them. If not, just spend more time on the beach and enjoy that sunshine.

• 4 months later...
Sorry...didn't see page 2. Found your photos. Thanks for sharing. To me, it appears that BCH is a good place especially if you only have a short day. The Glory is only there 8-2 so this seems like the best bet.

You mentioned Senor Frogs was right near by. How was the food there? Expensive?

Thanks,
Mary

Archived