Cabin 11.059 for Honeymoon

HoneymoonPlanner

Hello, all.

I just wondered if anyone can tell me how cabin 11.059 (B1 Deluxe Balcony) is, for example the view. I’m just trying to make sure my honeymoon surprise goes well. Any other hints and tips to make our trip even more special gratefully accepted. We are travelling from Southampton to NewYork in the summer. The forums and reviews are great. I’m sure our honeymoon will be the trip of a lifetime.

Thankyou

Nothing but sky and sea. There are no obstructions that high up. In addition there is a nice open observation deck at the forward end of that deck. The door on the starboard side was hard to open but worth the shove. It's often quite windy there at sea--ship speed alone can be equal to a 30+mph wind so watch the door doesn't slam on you as you leave. In addition the two glass sided exterior elevators, one on each side, that go down as far as deck 7 are located right beside there. Great way to go down to the Spa,library etc as they aren't used by many people.

You are about in the middle of the ship. Great location as far as the motion of the ship.

We were on the QM 2 the week of 2/12/05. We were in 9048 as an upgrade to Q5. What an experience. Doesn't matter too much which catagory you are in on the QM 2. I would suggest that you make a few reservations for the Todd Grill. Will be like eating in the Queen's Grill.

The food service, room service and entertainment is all 5 star. Outstanding.

• 1 month later...

Cunard offers transportation on the Orient Express to Southampton from Victoria Station in London. It was a wonderful way to start the trip! We had a wonderful lunch with champagne and wine as we gazed at the countryside. Very romantic! There's a history for each car in the train. The train pulled into the terminal, and they deposited our luggage inside the terminal. It's a great splurge!

Hello, all.

I just wondered if anyone can tell me how cabin 11.059 (B1 Deluxe Balcony) is, for example the view. I’m just trying to make sure my honeymoon surprise goes well. Any other hints and tips to make our trip even more special gratefully accepted. We are travelling from Southampton to NewYork in the summer. The forums and reviews are great. I’m sure our honeymoon will be the trip of a lifetime.

Thankyou

RECENTLY RETURNED FROM A TRIP ON THE QM2 IN ROOM 10025 GREAT VIEW THE VIEW FROM 11 DECK IS EVEN BETTER AND YOUR ROOM IS CLOSER TO THE CENTER OF THE SHIP. LESS ROCK AND ROLL IN HEAVY SEAS!!!ENJOY

Hi,

I just got back from a crossing in the next door cabin - 11061. Its a great location, and a great room with good views and easy access to the ship. Go for it!

With any luck you might also get Dennis as a cabin steward like we did - he is superb!

Have a wonderful honeymoon

Teresa

We stayed in room 11072 on our cruise. The most romantic moment was getting up very early, putting on our wonderful QM2 robes to watch the sun rise from our balcony. What an experience. I will warn you that nothing makes a couple closer than sharing a tiny bathroom and small closet. Congradulations enjoy your trip.

Archived