John Heald is not the answer...

neo-cruiser

Yeah, this request was a little much.... All they need is a big room and 200 bibles? Wow. Oh, and a mic, lol.

"Psalm 23 Asked:

I suggest we do this each day at 9:00am and 5:00pm and all we will need is a big room and a microphone and I would think about 200 bibles. We did this with much success on a recent Princess cruise and are now going to be on Carnival spreading the gospel and helping your passengers enjoy their vacations even more.

"

To me "spreading the gospel" is equal to trying to convert me and saying my religion isn't as good as yours. I don't like it when anyone tries to push their religion on me, especially when I'm on vacation.

....For every little minute request you have. Give the man a break. He is not responsible for your bad time, seating arrangment, or any other aspect of your cruise. Spent a few minutes reading his blog, and the requests made on there are RIDICULOUS

Getting back to the OP's statement - I have a question. I will be sailing on the Paradise for the 10th time (15th CCL cruise overall). Does this make me a special Paradise Platinum cruiser. Should I ask John for something special for cruising on the same ship 10 times? I need answers quick as I am sailing in 9 days.:D:p

Although the Bible lady's comments *could* be read as her going around the ship preaching to everyone, i truly do feel that the comments were in regard to her bible classes. That through those classes, she'll spread the word. And not go "cabin door to door" preaching.

For the most part, her request was no different that FOB or FOD. To ask for a place where individuals with a common link can meet, is not wrong. What IS wrong, IMO, is to expect the cruise ship to supply 200 bibles, set up audio/microphone/pulpit and specify exactly what the wording should be in the Fun Times. (not just "Bible Study") This, to me, goes above and beyond what they do for FOB or FOD and should not be free of charge.

Also, my beef with her "request" (and many other requests) is that it appeared for all intents and purposes, that she was fully expecting it to happen. She wasn't asking if it would be possible or what steps she needed to do to arrange it. She said, 'this is what i want to happen, when i want it to happen, so please be sure to have it all ready for us when we board.' That's just wrong, IMO.

As a general comment to the people asking for special stuff from John, yes he currently is welcoming it. But just because someone offers their assistance, doesn't mean you should take advantage of that kindness. If there is something very special you want arranged that can't really be accomplished through a TA or a PVP, by all means, ask. But when it's things like arranging for a table for two, things YOU can arrange yourself through your TA or when you get on the ship, then i think it's pretty selfish to ask John to do it FOR YOU.

Well put... bottom line is that we have no idea what (if any) arrangement this person made. I just figure that Carnival, in its corporate goodness, would make the "rules" (no soliciting) and that they'd abide by that.

Again, it's not unthinkable that there are people on a cruise who's trip would be enhanced by the opportunity to drop in on a bible study.

To me "spreading the gospel" is equal to trying to convert me and saying my religion isn't as good as yours. I don't like it when anyone tries to push their religion on me, especially when I'm on vacation.

only if you're in that big room.

you also won't get converted if you avoid the friends of dorothy and bill w's big rooms.

and that would be because John is in essence their boss. He is the top of the top in the CD "food chain". There is a reason he does what he does and the bottom line although he LOVES it is.. for Carnival Corp., IT BENEFITS CARNIVAL. And thats all that really matters. Not another cruise line out there has the connection with their guests that Carnival does because of John Heald. And I am sure he gets paid "brilliantly" for it!:D

has anyone even established that the other cd's report to jh? first I"ve heard this one.

and none of these silly requests would even have me seeking out the cd of any ship. seems like gophers job has been eliminated.

the carnival chain of command is truly breaking down.

and when the avenue of entitlement breaks down, people will place their blame on the wrong person. and that one person will be scratching his head.

in the meantime, everyone should be making up their "gimme" list. there's lots of free stuff to get just for the asking. as well as getting your partiton opened, even if you're in an inside room.

who thought the 45 day letter would be replaced with this treasure trove?

When John ceases to find what he does fun, or beneficial to him in some way, he will stop. No one puts a gun to his head to do what he's doing.

I don't go to his blog because I think the requests are a bit too much. I suggest the OP do the same.

Just because those people and their requests irritate me, has nothing to do with John. If he were irritated, he wouldn't do it.

I could not believe someone asking for 200 bibles and a bible class everyday. Talk about people being pushy.

LOL...wow.

Some people can be unbelievable and that is a prime example of why I don't read his 'thingy'

Well said.

Unless this is you:

Karen Hart

John I have a request for you -- Please have the best most awesome time ever on your inagural Magic cruise as you more than totally deserve it :)

then you can't cause someone already did that!!!!! lol

Uh huh...saw that...no comment as you posted personal info :(. ;)

Just what we need on cruises, people doing their best to convert others to their religion. Bet you they are all over the ship advertising for their classes.

Time and a place for everything and this is hardly the place.

The pushing and advertising better be left to a listing in the Funtimes or there will be a lot of folks without FUN FOR ALL.

....For every little minute request you have. Give the man a break. He is not responsible for your bad time, seating arrangment, or any other aspect of your cruise. Spent a few minutes reading his blog, and the requests made on there are RIDICULOUS ;):(:confused::rolleyes::cool::eek:

Putting requests aside....

John may not be responsible for any aspect of your cruise, but as Carnival's Brand Ambassador he should be interested in knowing the experiences of cruisers - good and bad.

The other thing that I hate about Carnival is that if you do have a negative thing happen on your cruise (that probably normally wouldn't happen) there's no way to let anyone know at Carnival other than John.

If you complete an online survey of your cruise (if you are so lucky to receive the email invitation to such) you'll never hear back from anybody.

If you send an email or letter to Carnival you might get a form letter as a response which (IMO) is worse than not getting anything. If you provide feedback so that they can improve you want to feel like they provide that information to the right people.

The only time that seems to happen is if you let John know about it.

you also won't get converted if you avoid the friends of dorothy and bill w's big rooms.

Regarding FOD and Bill W - they are not there to "spread the gospel". They are support groups. Much different than a religious person/group spreading the gospel.

Putting requests aside....

John may not be responsible for any aspect of your cruise, but as Carnival's Brand Ambassador he should be interested in knowing the experiences of cruisers - good and bad.

The other thing that I hate about Carnival is that if you do have a negative thing happen on your cruise (that probably normally wouldn't happen) there's no way to let anyone know at Carnival other than John.

Obviously if you let him know about it people above him know about it. I recall him responding to people that someone will get in touch with them so John is the route to others at Carnival.

If you complete an online survey of your cruise (if you are so lucky to receive the email invitation to such) you'll never hear back from anybody.

Without knowing the specific complaint it's hard to know why they didn't respond or whether they should.

People have a sense of entitlement....they want someone else to make them happy.

People used to be stoic, and do things for themselves. Now, every situation is resolved through whining.

And in the past when a business did something wrong they would own up to it and issue a refund or do something to make it right. Now the bean counters have calculated how many people they can piss off and what they can cut back before it starts costing them money in lost business.

Why don't people just let John do the job he was hired to do, he must have a full time assistant working on these request.

How do you know what he was hired to do? It seems if he is doing something other than what his employer wants he would not have a job very long.

Converted by the FOD crowd? I've seen a lot of mens' butts in the locker room and never thought I got to have that. But, if you think they could convert you, maybe you're already a convert.

LOL Maybe he make arrangements so I can fish off the lido deck!

Now that would be cool.

I always thought scooter drag racing poolside would be big.

Maybe a nascar like race on the promenade deck on dream? With scooters.

I'd watch

I think the question here is "why do YOU care"?

John obviously enjoys what he does and being able to provide those things to people - why ruin his fun?

It is somewhat alright to some extent, it has come to the point that some are asking for gifts to be delivered to there friends and family that maybe they should be buying for them and a lot of them don't even say thank you. UNGRATEFUL is what they are, then the word greedy. :rolleyes:

Now that would be cool.

I always thought scooter drag racing poolside would be big.

Maybe a nascar like race on the promenade deck on dream? With scooters.

I'd watch

I would like to waterski. Perhaps I should ask John to make it happen and he can deliver SOS trophy to my cabin while he is at it.icon7.gif

I think a lot of the posts here are by people who are jealous of John Heald. They answer questions here or give opinions on Carnival policies but they're just guessing most of the time. John actually has knowledge and a direct line to the people who can get a real answer. John will send a free gift to someone just because he can. No matter how many times you post on CC giving the same answer to the lazy people who can't be bothered to even try Google, you can not do what JH does for cruisers and if more of the people who ask questions here started to ask them on his blog or facebook page some of the posters here would lose their fans.

My idle observation on the lady wanting a room that holds 200 people for "bible study" purposes. A group conducting bible study is small...usually no more than 12. Someone who wants space for 200 people has another agenda and it's not bible study. This lady wants to preach to the masses, not study the bible.

I think a lot of the posts here are by people who are jealous of John Heald.

I don't think that's it at all. I think it's more that people think John is a very nice person who has become the target of very self-centered and entitled people and their demands.

He is great at what he does, but by granting asinine requests he's inviting more and more people to take advantage of his generosity. Eventually, he will be so overrun by the ridiculous that he won't have time for the routine.

I hope he doesn't burn himself out.

And in the past when a business did something wrong they would own up to it and issue a refund or do something to make it right. Now the bean counters have calculated how many people they can piss off and what they can cut back before it starts costing them money in lost business.

So if someone screws you, you're going to screw someone else so to justify getting screwed.........and so the cycle continues. Just because someone else does something doesn't give everyone the right to do something wrong themselves. Try breaking the cycle and do what's right for the sake of doing what's right, immaterial of what everyone else is doing.

Archived