Norwegian Spirit - Cabin 10686

2dabeach

HELP

Can someone please provide actual & truthful insight and current pictures of cabin 10686 on the Spirit? I've read old articles and saw old pictures, that still didn't help my increased anxiety. This is our 1st NCL cruise but our 5th cruise overall. Our cruise is Nov 2011. We would greatly appreciate everyone's input.

Thank you.

HELP

Can someone please provide actual & truthful insight and current pictures of cabin 10686 on the Spirit? I've read old articles and saw old pictures, that still didn't help my increased anxiety. This is our 1st NCL cruise but our 5th cruise overall. Our cruise is Nov 2011. We would greatly appreciate everyone's input.

Thank you.

Is there a particular reason why you're so anxious about this cabin? Cruise ship cabins in general are pretty much all the same. Some a little bigger, some a little smaller, some more comfortable, some less, some more storage, some less and so on.

If you can tell us what your areas of concern are, we might be able to help more.

I just reviewed some pictures on one of the pay sites. This is a larger than usual balcony cabin and is laid out vertically instead of horizontal. The balcony is the same width as others but is longer. It is directly below the table tennis area, but that should be pretty quiet . It is right next door to the kids pool area, but that is usually only busy during mid morning until mid afternoon. Do you have a specific question or concern?

I'm so used to carnival and rccl cruise ships that I know what to expect. This particular cabin is shown a bit larger on the NCL website, narrower but wider balcony and across from the child care center. What I have read was the cabin is actually smaller than shown and the configuration is quite strange. Just wanted some insight into what we're paying our hard earned money for.

We just had cabin 10686 on the Spirit last week! I LOVED it! The only thing that topped it for us was a wrap aft balcony on the Rhapsody of the Seas. I loved the very aft location on the ship, just a few feet away from the aft deck hot tub :D Huge cabin, amazing long balcony. I have some pics but I can't figure out how to add attachments here. Now, that being said, we did hear them dragging chairs upstairs at around midnight but we are not fussy people about that sort of thing. Some people with a hard time sleeping may have an issue with that. We would book it again in a heartbeat!

I'm so used to carnival and rccl cruise ships that I know what to expect. This particular cabin is shown a bit larger on the NCL website, narrower but wider balcony and across from the child care center. What I have read was the cabin is actually smaller than shown and the configuration is quite strange. Just wanted some insight into what we're paying our hard earned money for.

...and this was our first NCL sailing as well! We still love RCCL, but we will definately be back to NCL again ;)

Thanks so much for your post. If you figure out how to add the pics that would be awesome!

I have tried so many times, but I can email you a couple if you like. They are not great shots but you will get the idea ;) Our cabins are a big deal to us, we are not into crowds & spend a lot of time on our balconies. If you have had typical balconies before on RCCL, Carnival or Princess, you won't be disappointed with this cabin. Our balcony had a lounger (I couldn't see any loungers on the suites but I could be wrong) as well as 2 chairs and a table ;)

I have tried so many times, but I can email you a couple if you like. They are not great shots but you will get the idea ;) Our cabins are a big deal to us, we are not into crowds & spend a lot of time on our balconies. If you have had typical balconies before on RCCL, Carnival or Princess, you won't be disappointed with this cabin. Our balcony had a lounger (I couldn't see any loungers on the suites but I could be wrong) as well as 2 chairs and a table ;)

That would be very nice. Our email address is parker824@cox.net. We do enjoy our time on the balcony.

How was the noise from the care center?

What about tipping. On Carnival we always prepaid that was not an option when we booked this cruise. Any other advise you can offer us? I'm getting excited now. It's always nice to try different cruise lines. NCL just could be my new favorite.

I posted pictures a year or so ago of this cabin -- you can find them by searching my screen name -- this cabin is awesome, but does have some drawbacks. We were on the Spirit in July to BDA and there were lots of kids on board -- constant slamming of the door to the back deck at all hours, our "do not disturb" sign disappeared just about every night, and there was noise from above (the table tennis tables are not over this cabin, they're on the other side of the ship). I was worried about our luggage when we placed it outside the cabin the last night, but everything was fine. Other than those annoyances, it's a great cabin -- we've got it booked again when we sail on the Spirit out of NOLA in July!

Ive always thought about that cabin when I book as its usualy available when I do. I just always get 10650 due to being able to walk out the room and right into the elevator.

As for the table tennis comment. It is on the other side of the ship. There is a bar that does karaoke on deck above. Dont know if they have changed where karaoke is as only once it was in bier garden due to flooding cuz of rain down there.

That would be very nice. Our email address is parker824@cox.net. We do enjoy our time on the balcony.

How was the noise from the care center?

What about tipping. On Carnival we always prepaid that was not an option when we booked this cruise. Any other advise you can offer us? I'm getting excited now. It's always nice to try different cruise lines. NCL just could be my new favorite.

We just did standard tipping that was on the acct ($12 PP/Per day?) and then tipped for incidental things like room service. The day care center is on the other side of the ship, so we didn't hear a thing! I will try and send a couple of pics tomorrow.

• 1 year later...

We were in 10678, and loved it....it was like a *private* part of the ship, no noise at all. It is only 2 doors down from the one you have booked. We never heard (or even saw) any kids coming and going. The entrance to the kids area is on the other side of the ship...not on the side your cabin is on. I would not worry at all, enjoy your cruise!

Dont know if they have changed where karaoke is as only once it was in bier garden due to flooding cuz of rain down there.

I've read that karaoke is in Henry's Pub.

I just reviewed some pictures on one of the pay sites.

What site can you see pictures? I can't find a single review of 6562 and am concerned because it's under the aforementioned pub. :(

Archived