Best way to book celebrity cruise?

caribgirl40

This has probably been discussed too many times, but what is the best way to book a celebrity cruise? When we went to Alaska two years ago, we booked directly with Celebrity and seemed to get a very good deal for two connecting rooms. However, after reading these wonderful boards, it seems many folks use a trusted TA to ensure great prices and rooms. I'm having trouble finding a local TA who knows as much about cruising as you all do. Any recommendations? Also, we are a family of 4 interested in the Constellation 2012 Baltic cruise and would like to book either 2 connecting rooms or a suite that would offer some privacy from our boys (10 and 12). Any opinions. Thanks,

This has probably been discussed too many times, but what is the best way to book a celebrity cruise? When we went to Alaska two years ago, we booked directly with Celebrity and seemed to get a very good deal for two connecting rooms. However, after reading these wonderful boards, it seems many folks use a trusted TA to ensure great prices and rooms. I'm having trouble finding a local TA who knows as much about cruising as you all do. Any recommendations? Also, we are a family of 4 interested in the Constellation 2012 Baltic cruise and would like to book either 2 connecting rooms or a suite that would offer some privacy from our boys (10 and 12). Any opinions. Thanks,

Hi, I don't think there is a BEST way to book a Celebrity Cruise...except to book QUICK and OFTEN !!:D...I have used the same TA for 10 years...so I like to stick with them...besides the discounts they have been able to find for me, they have been above-and-beyond in providing personal touches (gifts in cabin, bottles of wine, pre-paid Specialty restaurant reservations) for us.

I do however pre-plan quite a bit myself, by searching the Celebrity site/ reading the informative posts here/ listening to suggestions and cabin referrals... to find best itineraries; which cabin(s) are available that I am interested in etc...that cuts down on the back and forth with my TA ...since they are in Texas...and I am in Virginia !!

For our cruise I first made note of Celebrity's official prices, then a brochure from Costco came and I called them and they had the same prices BUT offered a $450 onboard credit and something else. I then called a very good TA I had met on a cruise last year and asked what her company could do. She came back with some very nice cash backs and a free shore excursion and invitation to a private cocktail party. They are a company that deals with high end travel. It pays to do a little research and to have your facts in front of you, such as which cabin you would like, etc. Anyway I hope that will get you started. Your TA does not have to be local anymore, mine is in Las Vegas but we talk weekly, in fact as the price has dropped she has managed to pass it on to us, even though this does impact their commission, that is why I ended up with her. Hope that helps, I can't wait for our cruise.

Archived