Disabled departs Baltimore, help?

BonnieD

My husband is disabled and we sail on the Enchantment in August. I am wondering if I can drop our luggage and then drop him and then park? Do I take him to where we park? Is there a shuttle to the ship from the parking area?

Will anyone there help us as it is just the 2 of us. I appreciate any suggestions, info, etc.

Bonnie

Bonnie,

Passengers can enter the terminal directly from the luggage dropoff area.

I suggest this: when they meet you just after you enter the gate, tell them you have a luggage and passenger dropoff. They will give you an 8 /1/2 X 11 sheet of orange paper and direct you to the dropoff.

After you drop off your husband and luggage, circle around to the gate area again and this time tell them you wish to park for the duration of the cruise. They will give you a different color paper and direct you to the self parking line. It won't be a long walk from there to the terminal to rejoin your husband.

I was just there 2 weeks ago. As you enter the lot you tell them you are parking and they give you a piece of paper that says 'parking'. You continue on to park you pass the luggage drop off. The baggage handlers will take the luggage from your car and then you simply proceed to parking. They will take your payment and then direct you where to park. If your husband is in a wheel chair, push him into the terminal where you go through the scanner, continue to check in and an employee will take him to push him the rest of the way. I found the new gangway quite steep so let the employees push him up.

Thanks to both of you for the info. It doesn't sound like it will be too hard. I read on another post on CC that those in wheelchairs board on Deck 1, the cargo deck and do not have to get up that steep boarding ramp. I hope that is correct.

Bonnie

Archived