Just returned 3/5 - 3/12 Constellation!

parrothead1

We just got back from our wonderful 7 days on Constellation. This was number 11 for me on Celebrity, and by the far the best. Constellation is now tops in my book. She is so tops for us, that we booked next year (3/4/06) while we were on board.

I will be writing a review in the coming days, but in the mean time, if anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask.

How did the food rate?

Did you have any problems with rude Puerto Ricans that take over the ship (as reported many times on this board)?

What was different about the Connie that you liked better than the Millennium?

Hey! Thanks for the offer...

Can you remember the order of the formal nights?

Do you happen to have any/all of your daily activity sheets?

Were there any theme nights? What about the White Ball that I am hearing about?

What were the shows/entertainment like? Any must see? Any must miss?

I am also interested in hearing about what you did in the ports?

Anxiously awaiting. Leaving on Connie 4/16/05...

Can't wait to see your review! Glad to hear you loved Constellation so much I am so looking forward to our cruise on her in just under 5weeks that I can hardly stand it! The poster above me Berrybright is on our same cruise and asked most of what I am interested in as well...mostly shows/entertainment and what you did at and thought about each island. Thanks!

How did the food rate?

Did you have any problems with rude Puerto Ricans that take over the ship (as reported many times on this board)?

What was different about the Connie that you liked better than the Millennium?

We had no problems like this at all. It was a great week with no rude individuals at all.

As far as the differences, I really can't put my finger on any specific one. Other than being a few years younger and slight different colors around the ship and Ocean Liners vs. Olypmic, they are pretty much the same ship. I will say that Ocean Liners was IMHO a touch more classy than Olympic.

Hey! Thanks for the offer...

Can you remember the order of the formal nights?

Do you happen to have any/all of your daily activity sheets?

Were there any theme nights? What about the White Ball that I am hearing about?

What were the shows/entertainment like? Any must see? Any must miss?

I am also interested in hearing about what you did in the ports?

Anxiously awaiting. Leaving on Connie 4/16/05...

The dress nights were as follows

Sat - Casual - Open Seating

Sun - Informal

Mon - Formal

Tues - Casual

Wed - Informal

Thurs - Formal

Fri - Casual

There was Caribbean night on Tuesday night by the pool.

I can't speak for entertainment shows, as I never go to them. However, the poolside activities and pool band and the the Duo in Rendezvous were very good.

Edwin Rojas is the CD, and we had him before on the Millie, and he still is very good.

As far as ports go, we did the Catalina Island Beach break in CDC. We shopped and did some small things in Barbados, nothing in Grenada. Went to Dickinson's Bay in Antigua and sat right next to the Sandal's resort. Shopped in St. Thomas.

I will have more info and details in my review.

hiya ph,

sorry but you have been outranked by junior captain ryan!!!! It was great meeting you guys and i will see you in march 2006!

I also just returned from the connie It was my 5th time on the ship. I will also write a mini review of things i have noticed that has changed(imo).

happy sailing

*sweet*

:o

We just got back from our wonderful 7 days on Constellation. This was number 11 for me on Celebrity, and by the far the best. Constellation is now tops in my book. She is so tops for us, that we booked next year (3/4/06) while we were on board.

I will be writing a review in the coming days, but in the mean time, if anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask.

We will be on celebrity constellation next month...we are a little worry about the sea sick...tell us about please!!!

mimi Kath

:o We will be on celebrity constellation next month...we are a little worry about the sea sick...tell us about please!!!

mimi Kath

I have gotten sea sick on just about every small ship I have been on - fishing boats, sightseeing boat in SF to see Alcatraz Island, lobster boat, etc. I have NEVER even remotely felt sick on a cruiseship, they are just too big to feel the motion of the ocean and the stabilizers on these big things are awesome - just a total different animal than a small boat. Don't worry about it, bring some ginger pills to settle an upset stomach if you need to or worse comes to worse they do sometimes have motion sickness pills at the purser's desk but I rarely see people with motion sickness - I think it is more you think about it you talk yourself into it kind of thing. Have fun and don't worry about it, too big!

Mimi-

I was on Royal Caribbean (Western Caribbean itinerary) in January 2004 and we hot some "rough" seas that took a little while to adjust. I wasn't so bad (but I felt it) but others were having it harder. I didn't know if you knew anything about sea bands - they are terry cloth "bracelts" with pressure point things that you wear on your wrist. I used them in my first trimester of pregnancy and they worker pretty well. (Have to agree with Perki that I am not sure how much is in your head). I also noticed people wearing them on my last voyage.

Thought you may want to look into them. I know you can get them for $5-$10 dollars on the internet or at your local drug store.

seabands2.jpg

Good luck!

Hi guys - great to see you on here! It was great to cruise with you both! Can't wait to read your reviews - I don't know if I'll do one yet - probably get too depressed!

We did a few of the other shore excursions - on Barbados we did the 4X4 Paradise Beach trip which was really very good and a lot of fun. We also did the Ferry to St.John's trip when we got to St. Thomas. We're not big shoppers and had never been to St. John's so this was also a lot of fun and something new for us! Have fun to you future cruisers!

Archived