NativeWay???

buckeye12

Has anyone heard of Nativeway tour company?? I'm considering using them for Stingray and Island Tour. But I'm scared that we won't make it back to the ship in time for departure. I'm a new cruiser here and don't know what to do. I do know that it is cheaper if we go through a private company rather than the cruise ship. I just don't want to be let in Grand Cayman.......HELP:confused:

We just returned from our cruise and used Nativeway on March 2 for their Stingray City and snorkle excursion. I assume you have been in contact with Sharon with Nativeway. I don't know what your time of arrival and departure are, but Sharon would be able to tell you if you have enough time. They are definitely less expensive than the cruise line's excursion, and we found them to be fun and reliable. We booked them after reading the high recommendations through this website and are very glad we did. Their tours aren't as big or crowded as the ship's excursions so there's more individual attention. Our group only had 8 other people besides our family of 4. We would definitely use them again. Hope this helps. Enjoy your first cruise -- you will love it!!

I am sure you will have plenty of time to get back to the port.

Nativeway picked us up at the port at 8:45am and we were back by 12:30pm

Sharon and her crew were great. We paid 1/2 of what Carnival wanted and we got so much more. When we got back on the ship we were talking to people that went with the ship and they were mad at how much more they spent. Just do it! you will love it!

Have a great cruise

Lynn

Just got back Sat. and used Nativeway for a Stingray and

snorkel tour. (8:45-12:30) We did not do the highlight tour.

If you don't have enought time, just do the snorkel tour.

They were nice enough to drop us off on Seven mile beach

after the tour. We were so glad we booked with Nativeway.

You will not be dissapointed! The other boats had about 100

people. There we only 14 of us. Our guides were wonderful!

They held on to the stingrays for us. Even got a stingray

back massage! You won't get a more personal tour and for

half the price!

I tried to email them at the link on thier site, but I think they may have posted their email address incorrectly. Does anyone have a correct email? Does anyone know if their phone number an over seas or US number?

I tried to email them at the link on thier site, but I think they may have posted their email address incorrectly. Does anyone have a correct email? Does anyone know if their phone number an over seas or US number?

No "E' in the email address... Phone number is international. What I do is use a phone card so I know what the max damages can be. On mine, it comes out to about 28 cents/minute.

Why do you think the email address is bad?

nativway@candw.ky

We are booked with Nativeway for the Stingray swim and Island tour for our upcoming Century 4/23/05 sailing, and I was worried about the timing as well. Spoke to Sharon on the phone and she assured me we would be back in plenty of time.

I'm confident we'll have no problems. She does this for a living, so obviously she knows the ship schedules and wants to keep customers happy as well.

Enjoy your cruise!

We went with Nativeway for our second time just a few weeks ago. On the day that we were there, the Explorer was supposed to be in port til 5:30pm... but we were told by the port authority that we would have to leave by 2:30. Nativeway did a great job getting us back to the ship on time. We had our full time in Sting Ray City and then snorkeling at the reef. We got off the boat and boarded the bus around 1:45.... some people were very concerned about the time. Eldon assured us all that we would be fine. He told us that he would have us back at the tender area right before 2 pm... and that was with a bit of traffic on the main road.... he got us there right at 2... just in time to wait in a HUGE line of all the people waiting to get on the tenders at 2. He knew it was not a problem. We waited out the line from across the street and then boarded the very last tender around 2:30. (now I wouldnt push this timing when the ship is leaving at its normal later time.... but Eldon knew it was not a problem when the ship is leaving this much earlier than normal)

For some reason I keep getting error messages at both of the emails you listed.

nativway@candw.ky and nativway@candy.ky and even when I clik on the link from thier website. Maybe it is temporarily down, I'll keep trying.

What kind of error messages? Assuming the Valor can tender next week, I'll find out if they are having problems, cause I'm booked with them.

I just sent Sharon a test message to the candw address which is the one I've sent and received mail from. candy bounces big time.

Native Way also has a web site www.nativewaywatersports.com. We booked by phone (34) 916-5027 or you can try email nativway@candy.ky

Highly recommend this tour group - without a doubt the best excursion we have ever done! Enjoy!

Ooops - Phone # should be (345) 916-5027. It cost us about $3 to call from Canada to book our excursion.

How long does it take them to respond to e-mails? I e-mailed her yesterday and today, and have not heard back, nor have my e-mails been returned. My cruise is in 3 short months, and I don't want to miss out.

I e-mailed last week for my cruise that leaves Easter Sunday and it took probably 5 days to get a reply.They are slow to respond but were able to accomodate us on a very busy week (holiday) and I believe there are 7 ships in port that day (yikes!) So be patient, you have plenty of time and I will post our experience as soon as we return.

Melissa

Melissa,

What ship are you on? We leave Easter too on the Rhapsody and are in GC Thursday, the 31st.

zydeco-are you going to post a review for all of us newbies?:)

LOL, add one more group that will be in GC on Thursday, the 31st. We are on the Carnival Conquest and our group of 18 has booked with NativeWay. This will be our second time to do the Sting Ray tour, you will really enjoy it.

How long does it take them to respond to e-mails? I e-mailed her yesterday and today, and have not heard back, nor have my e-mails been returned. My cruise is in 3 short months, and I don't want to miss out.

I e-mailed before and she told me that they were still having problems since the hurricane of getting internet service, very interminit. She does get back to you thou.:)

Just booked our stingray city/snorkel trip through nativeway. Was going to email but since we set sail on the 27th, I didn't want to wait and take any chances. I gave them a call. Sharon was quite helpful and great to work with. We were able to book yesterday 3/18 for the 3/31 visit to GC.

For those who wear glasses, she also said that they do have a few 'diopter' adjusted masks that you can use. I will have more details when I come back. Since DH and DS both wear glasses, this will be a big help for them if she has the right ones for them.

I just got a response email from Sharon too!(I emailed them 3/17 so it does take a few days for a response) She is great! Answered all my questions! I feel really good about working with them and the price is RIGHT!!!We are booked for Nov. 11th! I just hope my kids (9,11,13) dont freak out!:D They say they want to do it.........so I guess we'll just have to wait and see! Now I have to see who else in our "group" wants to reserve. :rolleyes:

~Lurker

Archived