Beware of carnival and alcohol purchased at ports

MelAl45

So... are platinum cruisers really exempt from the picking up your liquor purchased on shore policy? We are sailing the Victory in August so I hope they've cleared up all the details by then. I thought I read on John's blog that they were just trying this out and it was not yet a fleet wide policy?

The last two cruises I went on I bought alcohol in port and when I boarded the ship was told to drop it off at the liquor table. I walked off to the side and didn't bother dropping it off. No one chased me down or told em to leave it with them, so I didn't. It wasn't going to be opened and was left with all my other purchases in the cabin.

I would be angry if I got it the next morning because I fly home and pack my bags very carefully. Not being able to pack my booze in my suitcase means I'd have to do it after I get my bags and everyone can see what is in my suitcase...not nice......

I generally only buy one bottle of alcohol, so I don't worry too much.

Well I tried that also but the security officer running the scanner yelled at me and pointed to the table and guy checking liquor in :(. I agree we fly and it is a real pain in the behind. Guess next time I'll wait until there is more of a crowd getting on :eek:

Does anyone know when you can begin picking up your alcohol that morning?

I also think it is very inconvenient for the passengers to pick it up. Luckily for us, we drive and do not have to fly. So as long as we have an extra hand or 2 we can leave with it pretty easily. We usually buy a few bottles from Carnival but the ones we buy at the ports are ones they don't carry, it isn't always based on price. I love the chocolate rum from St Marten and in Grand Cayman they have a type of rum in cool looking bottles that I have been collecting. We do not buy to drink on the ship anyway--they come home full. There have been a few times where there was nobody at the collection desk so we just continued on to the elevators. I am always up early our last day anyway so it will all work out. I will just be sure to have a list of what I have purchased and check it before I leave the area.

Tina

6:30 - 8:30 a.m.

Archived