VALOR Anyone??? 04/10/11 Western Caribbean Review

MrsBlair

hey you guys went to the ocean beach how was it we will be there in three weeks it says all inclusive but you show a menu did you book the all inclusive

We did do AI, our waiter gave us the menu and rattled off what we could order from the menu, but we ended up going to the buffet instead.

There are three "stands" with items to purchase next to the beach, one was ceramics, another jewelry and the third was clothing and novelty items.

With an ocean as big as it is, how is it possible that the Allure of the Seas got that close to you? That is crazy. Good thing that didn't happen at night, it might have hit you... Wonder who was asleep at the wheel. Well at least you got a close look at that ship.

PS Beautiful pictures and a great review... Thanks so much

With an ocean as big as it is, how is it possible that the Allure of the Seas got that close to you? That is crazy. Good thing that didn't happen at night, it might have hit you... Wonder who was asleep at the wheel. Well at least you got a close look at that ship.

The picture you see of the two ships really close together were the Carnival Conquest and Valor. We shared a dock with them. The Allure of the Seas was at the next dock over. It was huge!

Love, love, love your review with all of the detail and pictures. Thank you so much for taking the time to do this. We are on the Dream Western and just booked the 'Relax at the Beach Package' thanks to you! We still haven't booked for Coz but it looks like Nachi is going to win - especially since you mention that is where you plan to go next time. Did you talk to anyone on your cruise that went? I will view this thread repeatedly over the next months while I am counting down the days until it is our turn! :p

You'll love it! Hmm, tips... Well, one thing is that decks 3 and 4 don't go all the way through because of the midship dining room (there are two dining rooms on this class of ship). So, if you need to get from one side of the ship to the other, go on deck 5. And you can go on deck 5 to where you need to be and then go down to deck 3 or 4 in that spot. That's the deck that a lot of the lounges and things are on anyways. Also, if you go to eat at the buffet and you can't find a seat, go up the stairs by the fish and chips area - there are always tables up there! If I think of anything else I'll add it. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you, thank you :) I'm putting those tips about decks 3&4 and about fish & chips in my notes right now ;) Did you try the food at fish & chips?? (sorry if you have said so already, i've been reading everything on Valor and I might be getting confused, LOL?! :o) I love seafood, planning to make that my first stop on embarkation day!!

Thanks again for the review and the great pictures!! I'll definitely keep reading and referring to this for my Valor fix until we sail. If I think of any other questions, I'll be sure to ask. :D

PS - Yikes, that ship is "GINORMOUS" - the Allure?!? WOWZA! Thanks for the great pics!

Haha, we were actually already docked - they were heading in to dock. :p

Love, love, love your review with all of the detail and pictures. Thank you so much for taking the time to do this. We are on the Dream Western and just booked the 'Relax at the Beach Package' thanks to you! We still haven't booked for Coz but it looks like Nachi is going to win - especially since you mention that is where you plan to go next time. Did you talk to anyone on your cruise that went? I will view this thread repeatedly over the next months while I am counting down the days until it is our turn! :p

You'll love it! The beach is so pretty too.

I don't recall talking to anyone that went to Nachi, but I have read enough on these boards to know that it's going to be a good day. You should book it. :)

hey you guys went to the ocean beach how was it we will be there in three weeks it says all inclusive but you show a menu did you book the all inclusive

Yes, as Sheri said we did book the AI. They had the buffet that opened at 12:00 and so we ate that food. I guess we could have ordered some of the things off of the menu, probably not everything though. The drinks were listed so we knew what those were, and they were all included. I'm also guessing that someone who didn't book the AI could go and then order off of the menu using the prices listed.

Thank you, thank you :) I'm putting those tips about decks 3&4 and about fish & chips in my notes right now ;) Did you try the food at fish & chips?? (sorry if you have said so already, i've been reading everything on Valor and I might be getting confused, LOL?! :o) I love seafood, planning to make that my first stop on embarkation day!!

Thanks again for the review and the great pictures!! I'll definitely keep reading and referring to this for my Valor fix until we sail. If I think of any other questions, I'll be sure to ask. :D

PS - Yikes, that ship is "GINORMOUS" - the Allure?!? WOWZA! Thanks for the great pics!

You're welcome! If I think of anything else I'll let you know.

I did not go to fish and chips (I'm allergic to seafood) but I know people who have tried it and have really enjoyed it. My husband had it once and liked it. The problem is, it has limited hours (usually 12:30-3:30) and because it's above the lido buffet, I think people often forget it's up there when they go to grab lunch. I wish I would have at least taken a picture of the menu one of the times I was up there eating.

So tonight was the Mexican Buffet and Deck Party. I always like to go and people watch, and the food is good too. I’ve never been hungry enough to really eat anything though, so tonight at dinner I made sure not to eat a lot so I would have just a little room to try a few things. We wanted to have a good seat, so right after dinner (around 9:45) we went up and grabbed some of those blue plastic chairs. Front row seats for all the action! The buffet was so yummy. I got very small portions of a couple things I wanted to try and it worked out great. Then, strawberry shortcake and flan for dessert. The deck party was packed. There were a lot of people out on lido watching, and then a bunch actually dancing. We had a really good time watching everyone. It’s always a fun way to start to end the cruise.

Valor356.jpg

Valor357.jpg

Valor359.jpg

Valor360.jpg

Valor364.jpg

APRIL 16, 2011 – SEA DAY

Sad day. This day always depresses me. Steve and Sheri went out to lido early in the morning again to spend the day lounging in the sun. Paul and I slept in, and boy did we. I think we woke up around 11:00 (we didn’t come back from the deck party until about 2:00 the night before). I think it was close to noon by the time we actually left the cabin. We went up to lido but sat at the tables on the side. We took turns going in and grabbing something for lunch. I didn’t get a lot because I wanted to try a few things from the chocolate buffet. I can’t believe I didn’t take pictures – there was one thing I tried, one of the cakes, that was so good but now I can’t remember what it was. Oh! The chocolate cheesecake! Yes, that’s it. You must try it. It was so delicious. I believe I had a slice of that, a cup of rice pudding and then the banana fritters with vanilla sauce. Yum yum yum. So we stayed out there for a bit, said hi to Steve and Sheri and then we headed for the sports bar. There were a few hockey and basketball playoff games on today that we wanted to watch. We were there until about 5:00 (we got there at about 1:30 I think). This actually ended up being quite a few fun hours. There were some good games on and we met some new friends. We had a blast talking smack amongst all of us and laughing with each other when someone would throw out something pretty good. The games were good too – they were close. I decided around 3:30 that I wanted to try the strawberry smoothie that I always see on that menu. Oh. My. Gosh. The best strawberry smoothie I’ve ever had. I can’t wait to have another one. It’s mostly strawberries, a bit of banana and a touch of vanilla. I think the vanilla is what does it. It was seriously so good.

April16-01.jpg

April16-02.jpg

April16-04GrooveforStJude.jpg

Valor366.jpg

Valor367.jpg

April16-07.jpg

Archived