hors d'oevres

stacyh08

Does anyone have a list of what appetizers you get to choose from, I have read 4 hot and 4 cold. appetizers. I wouldnt really make a big deal out of this but some of my non sailing guests probaly arent going to like it if its too upscale. I will be on the carnival Freedom and the date is still opened, but the food choice since some are driving 8 hours is very important.

Also I read you could probaly sneek up to the lido deck and get something to eat if it came down too it. I cant book till I know that my guests will be happy.

You get the following:

Hot Items:

Chicken Brochette - chicken skewer

Stuffed Mushrooms

Chicken Nuggets

Lamb Empanadas

Spanakopita - spinach & feta in a pastry

Spring Rolls

Cold Items:

Roast Beef & Brie Cheese Canape

Prosciutto & Melon Canape

Stuffed Egg Canape

California Rolls

Smoked Salmon & Cream Cheese Canape

If you have special dietary needs, talk to your Carnival Wedding coordinator. If an item isn't available, they will substitute it with another item.

Does anyone have a list of what appetizers you get to choose from, I have read 4 hot and 4 cold. appetizers. I wouldnt really make a big deal out of this but some of my non sailing guests probaly arent going to like it if its too upscale. I will be on the carnival Freedom and the date is still opened, but the food choice since some are driving 8 hours is very important.

Also I read you could probaly sneek up to the lido deck and get something to eat if it came down too it. I cant book till I know that my guests will be happy.

My coordinator sent me a different list. I am being married on Freedom in September. My coordinator sent me three different lists to choose from. A vegan list and a hot and cold list.

Cold Items

Ham and Heart of Palm Vinaigrette

Titi Shrimp Salad on Scallop Cracker

Turkey Mousse with Cranberries

Grilled Zucchini Roll and Anchovy Roll

Chicken Galantine on Baguette

Hot Items

Spicy Chicken Drummettes

Bacon Wrapped Sweet Plantains

Chicken Balls on Fire

Broccoli and Cheese Nuggets

Batter-Fried Shrimp

Assorted Vegetarian Quiches

Vegan Items

Grilled Zucchini Roll and Tomato Roll

Assorted Vegan Sushi with Condiments

Artichoke Heart, Vinaigrette

Assorted Vegetable Sticks with non Dairy Dips

Lentil Cakes with Mushroom Ragout

Fried Tofu with Raita

Potato Pancake with Braised Apple Wedges

I would call your Carnival Wedding coordinator for a list because they may offer you a different list to choose your hors d' oeuvres from.

Congratulations and Good luck!

My list says "Carnival Inspiration" on the top of it, so I think it really does depend on which ship you will be on.

Here's what I have too:

COLD ITEMS

Roast beef and Brie Cheese Canapé

Sliced Roast Beef roll with Brie Cheese on a base of Frisee lettuce topped with black olive stuffed with pepper diamonds.

Prosciutto and Melon Canapé

Cantaloupe melon ball wrapped with Italian Prosciutto on serrated honey dew boat

Stuffed Egg Canapé

Stuffed egg with Russian salad on endive cups based white bread toast, topped with black Spanish caviar and chive spears.

California Sushi Roll

Marinated crab meat, avocado wedges and cream cheese strips in sesame crusted Uramaki roll

Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Canapé

Smoked Salmon roses with chopped baby dill and chives on Frisse based Norlander bread

HOT ITEMS

Chicken Brochette

White Chicken meat skewered with bell peppers and onions

Stuffed Mushrooms

Blue cheese stuffed mushroom crumb fried golden brown

Chicken Nuggets with Honey Mustard Sauce

Crisp fried white chicken meat with dipping sauce

Lamb Empanadas with Cilantro Salsa

Lamb in a crisp pastry dough with cilantro salsa

Spanakopita (Spinach & Feta Cheese in Filo Pastry)

Spinach & Feta Cheese flavored with Dill wrapped and baked in a crisp, flaky pastry.

Spring Rolls

Stir-fried vegetable wrapped in a crisp wonton skin, deep fried

If an item is not available Chef will substitute with another suitable item.

In case of allergies or dietary restrictions contact your Wedding Coordinator for substitutions

My list says "Carnival Inspiration" on the top of it, so I think it really does depend on which ship you will be on.

Here's what I have too:

COLD ITEMS

Roast beef and Brie Cheese Canapé

Sliced Roast Beef roll with Brie Cheese on a base of Frisee lettuce topped with black olive stuffed with pepper diamonds.

Prosciutto and Melon Canapé

Cantaloupe melon ball wrapped with Italian Prosciutto on serrated honey dew boat

Stuffed Egg Canapé

Stuffed egg with Russian salad on endive cups based white bread toast, topped with black Spanish caviar and chive spears.

California Sushi Roll

Marinated crab meat, avocado wedges and cream cheese strips in sesame crusted Uramaki roll

Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Canapé

Smoked Salmon roses with chopped baby dill and chives on Frisse based Norlander bread

HOT ITEMS

Chicken Brochette

White Chicken meat skewered with bell peppers and onions

Stuffed Mushrooms

Blue cheese stuffed mushroom crumb fried golden brown

Chicken Nuggets with Honey Mustard Sauce

Crisp fried white chicken meat with dipping sauce

Lamb Empanadas with Cilantro Salsa

Lamb in a crisp pastry dough with cilantro salsa

Spanakopita (Spinach & Feta Cheese in Filo Pastry)

Spinach & Feta Cheese flavored with Dill wrapped and baked in a crisp, flaky pastry.

Spring Rolls

Stir-fried vegetable wrapped in a crisp wonton skin, deep fried

If an item is not available Chef will substitute with another suitable item.

In case of allergies or dietary restrictions contact your Wedding Coordinator for substitutions

That's mine too but I'm on the Imagination ;)

You should tell all your guests to eat a good breakfast and be prepared to only have a light snack at the reception (unless you decide on a full lunch). The focus for the guests should not be what you have to offer them in food and you shouldn't have to worry about them not eating. There are other things to put that energy into.

If you are that concerned and on a budget, you can offer them the buffet at their expense. At 10.00 a head most people would pay it. I don't think "sneaking in" is the right answer.

• 3 weeks later...

It does depend on your port and your ship - but on the Carnival Legend I was able to substitute out some of the more "fancy" dishes for more basic ones off of a substitution list.

It worked out great. Since we had almost everyone together in the morning for the Chinese tea ceremony we had a continental breakfast spread for them there - then we packed up the leftovers and brought them to the cruise terminal and passed them out while we were waiting to board - everyone loved this. There were juice boxes and pastries left to pass out that proved to be very popular. So when we boarded at 11:45, the guests weren't hungry so they ate a light lunch on the lido deck (all but 2 were sailing) and then went nuts on the food at the reception (and the alcohol). My family was especially fond of the chicken nuggets - so those went fast, but the staff was excellent at keeping the dish full so no one went hungry, there was something for everyone.

Then dinner was at 6!

We didn't pay for the 2 non-sailing guests for the buffet, but they had a good breakfast and snacked at the terminal with us.

Archived