Anyone Ever Get Upgraded Booking A Guarantee Balcony

SEA SOUNDS

I want more information on booking a guarantee balcony cabin----I understand that you are guaranteed at least a balcony and could be upgraded. Anyone ever get upgraded?? Is there a way of knowing where your room is near your departure date? Would like to hear your comments.

Was upgraded from an 8C Extended to an 8G Extended on the Miracle in February. Keep in mind, most of the upgrades are just up a deck or a few decks... highly unlikely to be upgraded to a suite... but on rare occasion, it happens.

We did get upgraded from an 8A guarantee to a mini suite on the Triumph a few years ago. We didn't find out until we got to the port. It seems that it is very rare to get that great of an upgrade, but I guess anything can happen. We really enjoyed the suite. Maybe when we win the lottery we can book a suite.

I am thinking of booking now for a january or february cruise. Those of you that were upgraded-----how early did you book your cruise??? Weeks, months, etc?

There have been plenty of polls conducted on this... and the bottom line is, it doesn't matter... I have booked 3 months out, and I have booked 16 months out... The concensus on CC, is it doesn't matter and there is no rhyme or reason to the upgrades.

I am thinking of booking now for a january or february cruise. Those of you that were upgraded-----how early did you book your cruise??? Weeks, months, etc?

I believed I booked 5 months out but like another poster said I really don't think it matters how far out you book. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to their method!

Last year, on Elation, I was upgraded from a 6A to 12. I booked about 6 months before the cruise. Don't know how I got so lucky....but it sure was nice!!! When my PVP called me about the upgrade, she said "I must have done a really good job. A lot of my customers were upgraded." Didn't sound like even she knew how upgrades happen!

On my cruise in August on the Spirit I was upgraded from a balcony guarantee to 8I. I had booked this cruise 7 months out. On the cruise we just took 2/27 we were upgraded from a balcony guarantee to a cat. 11 suite. I booked this cruise on 12/30/04. We have cruised 4 times in the past 2 years, so I don't know if that has any bearing or not. The suite was very nice, but I would never pay the difference between a 8A and a suite.

Archived