Kid's Programs - Adventure Ocean Review

We just returned from the Jewel of the Seas with our children 4 & 8. They both LOVED Adventure Ocean (RCCL Kid's Program).

My 4 yr old is sometimes shy. It was hard to push her to stay the first time, but only the first time. After that she was begging to go back or stay longer.

My 8 yr old said the best thing about the vacation was Adventure Ocean. Better than the excursions, better than the food (and that boy can eat), better than renting jetskis.

Both kids spent much of the day at sea in the program. They also spent most evenings from 8-10 (mom & dad's after dinner break) there. If we returned to the ship early from port they begged us to go to the kid's program. They also had a late night program ($). 5/hour/kid - allows children to stay between 10:00 pm and 1:00 am.

They had numerous activities for the kids. They played a lot of games, had treasure hunts, went backstage to see the dancer/singers, made pillowcases... the list goes on. Many of the activities were educational. They also have video games there, but I didn't see too many kids playing them. They were limited in the video gaming time, but it seemed most kids prefered the activities (amazing, I know).

The counselors were very good with the kids (and parents).

I hope this review helps anyone with questions.

This is def what I want to hear! Our First Curise was just the 2 of us, but next time, I want the whole family to go. My boys are 3 and 5, and I am so happy to read nothing but wonderful things about the Ocean Adventure Program!

We were on the Brilliance of The Seas and the kids loved the program!! Mu niece who is 5 wanted to go every minute of the day:D

It sounds like you enjoyed your holiday - isn't it wonderful to enjoy your holiday and not always have to worry about the kids for a few hours?? It sure makes the holiday less stressful for everyone involved!

Thanks for the review!

Dawn

Kathy

I am going on Radiance nextt month with my 3 1/2 yr old. Is your 4 yr old just 4 or almost 5 and what do you think of the program for the younger. I just hope my son is not going to want to be with Mom and Dad thinking we are having more fun. he is very outgoing but sometimes he likes being with us.

Did you have your kids for dinner every night or did you every take them early and go for a later dinner in one of the recervation restaurants?

Also did you younger one make it ok in the late night?

Thanks

Kathy:

We'll be on the Brilliance THIS Friday (woo-hoo!) with my 5-year-old DS and was wondering about the Late Night program as well. What do the kids do during those hours and did your youngest child do alright there?

I heard they offer pagers for the 3-5 age group, is that true? My little guy is very outgoing and a real character so I know he will do fine without being with me during the days at sea, but I'm nervous about the one night that us adults are planning a night-time excursion in Aruba.

Thanks for your review!

Barb

Cool Cruiser & Barb,

Yes, the kids did eat dinner with us every night. They had standard kid's meal fare (hot dogs, mac & cheese, chicken fingers...). My son ordered off the kids meal one night and the rest of the trip he wanted to be 'older' so he ordered off the main menu. He liked his dinner each night and EVEN ATE SALAD! The kids can eat with the counselors - but I didn't check that out. Dinner takes almost 2 hours from beginning to end. My little one fell asleep one evening (however, she did wake up in time for dessert).

They do have pagers at Adventure Ocean, but I think they were primarily for the younger ones (3 yr. olds). I did not have a pager. However, I'm sure if you asked they would give one to you.

The kids seemed to have a lot of activities at night. Face painting, treasure hunts, games... I know they were busy. They do take the kids out of the Adventure Ocean area for 'field trips', even at night. One evening they did a Pirate Parade on stage just before the Main Seating show. The kids enjoyed that.

My daughter (4, but will be 5 soon) stayed every night until 10:00 at Adventure Ocean. She was so wired she had no problem staying up. The last few nights she didn't actually fall asleep until 11:00. Her normal bed time is 8:00.

Hope you all enjoy your vacation!

I am glad to hear the kids really enjoyed the program. :D Do you know anything about the 12-15 yr old group Navigators ? What kind of activites do they do ? We are taking two 13yr old boys with us who are anxious to find out what is planned for them to do. Any help would be great ? Is there a website with activities on it for the Adventurer Club ?:confused:

RCCL divides kids up into 12-14y.o and 15-17. RCCL has a web site where you can pull down a list of the activities for their age range. We are going on the Navigator 4/2 and I will provide a detailed post/review as we have kids in this same age range.

• 10 years later...