Marina Cabins 11000 and 11001

bbwex

Is it me or is the drawing of the ship incorrect, but it appears that cabins 11000 and 11001 have larger balconies than the others --- they appear to extend forward beyond the forward edge of those cabins. Anyone stayed in either one that can clear that up?

Is it me or is the drawing of the ship incorrect, but it appears that cabins 11000 and 11001 have larger balconies than the others --- they appear to extend forward beyond the forward edge of those cabins. Anyone stayed in either one that can clear that up?

112018.jpg

It appears to me as if that "extra bit" of veranda is part of the officers quarters (where the portholes are).

110530.jpg

I would still read the drawing as having more balcony space for the most forward cabin in front of the solid wall start of the bridge area, and then the porthole section would be where the white part of the ship juts out to the edge.

What we need is someone who has been in one of those cabins or a more straight on photo looking at the most forward cabins.

I would still read the drawing as having more balcony space for the most forward cabin in front of the solid wall start of the bridge area, and then the porthole section would be where the white part of the ship juts out to the edge.

What we need is someone who has been in one of those cabins or a more straight on photo looking at the most forward cabins.

In case you dont find someone with a straight on photograph:

191612.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

191756.jpg

To me, if the front cabin balcony were larger, that first divider would not be there.

I hope that you do find someone with more specific information.

194003.jpg

The balcony on 11001 is the same size as the other PH categories. It just looks longer on the diagram. We had this stateroom on the Inaugural Cruise and hoped (in vain) that it was longer. Sorry. It's not. You can look right into the bridge and wave at the captain, however. :)

Oh well, thanks lovetocruise16 for the definitive answer. We did reserve 11001 on the Riviera for an October, 2012 cruise, so we would have found out the hard way if nothing else. The drawing did appear to give a large space to those forward cabins. Artist meet ship, ship meet artist! It's certainly not a deal changer in any way, but it would have been one of those hidden secrets.

Thanks all for helping. We are looking forward to the new Riviera.

• 6 months later...
112018.jpg

It appears to me as if that "extra bit" of veranda is part of the officers quarters (where the portholes are).

110530.jpg

We were in PH 11000 in August, Tastes of Europe. The balcony is the same size as the other PHs. The conveneince, however, is the laundry room is directly across from your suite if you are in 11000.

We were in PH 11000 in August, Tastes of Europe. The balcony is the same size as the other PHs. The conveneince, however, is the laundry room is directly across from your suite if you are in 11000.

For me and maybe for some others that's a minus, not a plus. The laundry room often leads to traffic (and sometimes noise). I usually ask to be away from the laundry room when I book. Different strokes ..

That is exactly how we at first thought, and even asked to have our sute changed once we boarded, but no other suites were available. The laundry hours are posted. No laundry was to de done after 9:00 pm. We did not hear trafiic or noise. The guests were courteous. It was really a convenience for us, just to run across the hall. Got all my laundry done.

That is exactly how we at first thought, and even asked to have our sute changed once we boarded, but no other suites were available. The laundry hours are posted. No laundry was to de done after 9:00 pm. We did not hear trafiic or noise. The guests were courteous. It was really a convenience for us, just to run across the hall. Got all my laundry done.

Since there is a self service Laundry on every Cabin Deck on the Marina Class ships, the laundry rooms on Decks 11 and 12 get the least use.

Archived