Is it still possible to .......?

2cool2cruise

Yet again another topic re swimming with the turtles.

I am not at all a good swimmer nor have I tried snorkeling before...is it still possible to go see and swim with the turtles with very basic swimming skills? Are the tour guides (or boatmen) willing to help out? I wouldn't want to miss this experience! :D

Any suggestion/comment/feedback is appreciated.

Thank you.

2cool2cruise,

I am exactly the same,I always say,I can swim as long as I can touch the bottom when I want.......,everytime I have been on a cruise in Barbados,the Turtles have come right up to the boat,I never go far from the boat and have always seen plenty of fish and Turtles,the crew will be there to help you and show you how to snorkel ,so don't worry,you will be fine,I hope you have a great day next Wednesday in Barbados.

2cool2cruise,

I am exactly the same,I always say,I can swim as long as I can touch the bottom when I want.......,everytime I have been on a cruise in Barbados,the Turtles have come right up to the boat,I never go far from the boat and have always seen plenty of fish and Turtles,the crew will be there to help you and show you how to snorkel ,so don't worry,you will be fine,I hope you have a great day next Wednesday in Barbados.

hi dyfed,

thanks for the info and encouragement. i will give this some thought ...hope i'll be gutsy enough to do this. aren't we together on james' tour? have a enjoyable time as well.

Yet again another topic re swimming with the turtles.

I am not at all a good swimmer nor have I tried snorkeling before...is it still possible to go see and swim with the turtles with very basic swimming skills? Are the tour guides (or boatmen) willing to help out? I wouldn't want to miss this experience! :D

Any suggestion/comment/feedback is appreciated.

Thank you.

You will have life vests on...you don't need to know how to swim. Also the turtles all all around you. All you really need to do in put your face in the water to see them. You'll love it. Try it!

Archived