FOS Formal MDR and Kids

maileenm

I am packing dress slacks, a button down shirt and tie for my 8 and 4 year old boys for formal nights in the MDR. I know everybody talks about getting navy blue or black pants to hide stains, but in my experience the pants are just one part of the stain problem. The shirt and especially the tie are just as likely to get stained and ruined at dinner (especially by the 4 year old).

We are going 7 nights on Freedom so there will be 2 formal nights. Any suggestions for keeping shirts and ties clean enough to be used for the second formal night?

Also the kids will be going off to the Adventure Ocean program after dinner. We plan on bringing a backpack with a change of clothes with us to dinner. That way they can change in the bathroom and we don't have shlep back to the cabin. People are so particular about the MDR and formal night, would it be frowned upon bringing a backpack with us?

I really hate packing all of these formal clothes and shoes for the 4 of us, but my MIL really wants us to be at the MDR for formal nights. If it were up to me we would be at WJ on formal nights.

Actually it only adds a few minutes of your time to just run the kids back to the cabin and have them change. It's much easier than changing in the tiny bathrooms. :)

No one will say a word about you bringing in a backpack during formal night. I used to bring my Vera Bradley backpack to the dinning hall as my purse when DD was 2. I still needed to bring all of her stuff. :)

Shout sells little travel wipes that help get stains out. :)

There's the deal on laundry on RCI - I think it's $25 for what you can fit in the bag, and mid-week.

I wouldn't send a tie and dress shirt through the laundry special. The special is for hardy items such as socks, underwear etc. A tie would definitely get ruined.

Archived