Al and Chuck Cruises

• 4 weeks later...
I wish you the best of luck with what ever decision you make on your upcoming cruise. But don't give up on cruising. I have had a lot of great cruises with RSVP.

We have also had many excellent experiences with RSVP.

• 1 year later...

Just finished the 2013 Drag Queens at Sea Cruise. Although I enjoyed myself due to meeting some great people it was despite the nasty service of Al and Chuck Representatives, including Al himself, and the inept MSC Divina which was a nightmare on so many levels. I wrote a review for the Divina. Al and Chuck however I cannot recommend. Far too many mistakes, far too little attention to detail, only about 20 percent of my interactions with the staff were positive, and 80 percent were robotic, to rude, to totally disrespectful. There is no professionalism there at all, and when they make a mistake, they do not own it, instead they get nasty, rude, defensive, angry and hostile. I understand issues come up and mistakes are made but professional companies, apologize and make it right somehow or at least try. Don't count on any of that with Al and Chuck Travel.

• 2 years later...

My husband and I were supposed to go on the Drag Star at Sea cruise organized by Alandchuck.travel. We had our flights, hotels and excursions booked and everything was planned with little help from the travel agent (who I had to contact multiple times for questions but only responded if it involves settling payment). We had to contact her multiple times to get her to find us flights and that didn't work out. We tried to contact her multiple times for another person who wanted to join but didn't get a response.

Unfortunately on the week of the cruise, there was a huge snowstorm in the east coast and in the last three days our flights got cancelled six times, we ended up staying in JFK/NY at our own expense, without any winters clothes (are we packed for tropical weather). We appreciate the airline and cruiseline for refunding as much as they can to us due to unusual weather but Al&Chuck only response to our unfortunately circumstance is "tough luck" and sorry, you should have bought travel insurance. We didn't even get to refund the excursions that we will not be able to attend. I think this is very insensitive and greedy for the company as this was beyond our control (and I understand beyond theirs) but I think its also disservice that they put the burden on letting insurance companies cover for the customer service that they should be providing. I don't understand why Delta or Royal Caribbean doesn't have issues with refunding due to the weather and without insurance but Al&Chuck/Legendary Journey's couldn't.

I suggest going with other more reputable and considerate cruise companies other than Al & Chuck or Legendary Journeys. They hide in the guise of representing the gay community but only trying to make money (and in a bad faith) in a unique market but their sales practices and customer service is horrible.

A quite a few of our gay friends have had rotten experiences with Al & Chuck and none would recommend them.

Yes, there are always cases of problems with every company, but have heard to many negative things about them, even with having the Florida office based here in Sarasota. ( Reminds me of an old saying, you don't screw your neighbors )

I cruised on the first two Drag Stars at Sea cruises with Al and Chuck. I swore I wouldn't cruise with them again after the first one, but gave them a second chance. I wish that I hadn't. While I loved the queens at the atmosphere the cruises provided, this company over promises and seriously under delivers. When you have a concern or complaint, they tell you to "Relax, you are on vacation", and brush it off.

Also, after all of the complaints they got after the first two cruises they put a line deep down in their booking policy stating that by booking with them you give up the right to file any kind of class action lawsuit against the company for wrongdoing. Not sure about you all, but that sounds shady as hell to me.

I wish another company would take this cruise over because I would like to go again, but never will with Al and Chuck.