Arcadia bigger balcony cabins

Topaz2

We are booking a cruise on Arcadia and I notice at the rear of the ship on E deck some of the balcony cabins are considerably bigger (331 sq ft)than the standard ones elsewhere. Has anyone any experience of these cabins? is it worth choosing them rather than the usual port or starboard ones we have had on other ships?

Do you mean the aft facing cabins or those towards to the stern on port and starboard side?

The aft facing - overlooking the wake - are quite a lot larger and so are the balconies. Not everyone likes them because you do get a some vibration when berthing - but that is the only time we have ever have noticed it, in just under 100 nights in an aft facing cabin on Arcadia.

But the wonderful views, peaceful location and the spacious balcony makes it a no brainer for us............and we have a 23 night cruise in one again next year.

Go for it!

Of the aft-facing cabins, the balconies on D deck are also very big. However, they're almost completely covered by C deck above so the effect is that they are quite dark. If you look at a recent (since the 2009 refit) stern view of Arcadia you can see that D deck just looks darker than either C deck above or E deck below. Here's a link to a picture of the D deck aft-facing balcony we had last september, and maybe you'll what I mean:

D187Balcony.jpg

As regards the balconies for the non aft-facing cabins, i think it is the case that the balconies for cabins in forward & rear sections - the cabins in the full-width part of the ship - are in fact a bit deeper (by a foot or so) than those in the decks above, and quite a bit deeper than those in the central area.

Thanks very much for these replies. We have now booked a large aft facing cabin on E deck for a 20 nighter! They say it is "overlooked" so presumably not quite so enclosed as the D deck photo. Peaceful views of the receding wake do appeal, and if there is a bit of vibration when docking it's a small price to pay. We only have 7 ports of call anyway and one of those arrives mid morning so I don't expect to be too disturbed!

Thanks very much for these replies. We have now booked a large aft facing cabin on E deck for a 20 nighter! They say it is "overlooked" so presumably not quite so enclosed as the D deck photo. Peaceful views of the receding wake do appeal, and if there is a bit of vibration when docking it's a small price to pay. We only have 7 ports of call anyway and one of those arrives mid morning so I don't expect to be too disturbed!

I think both the E & C deck aft facing balconies would be perfect. Yes, the bit at the far end is overlooked, but it also gets plenty of sun. On the other hand, if you prefer privacy or it's a bit hot in the full sunlight, there's a lot of shaded, covered space to retreat into.

Wonderful! I don't think you'll regret it.

Archived