Bering Sea Crab Fishermans Tour...

GrandmaJan7

Yes you will. And probably too, if you book independently - because others from the cruise will most likely be on board the excursion as well, so if you can save yourselves a few $$$ by booking independently, I'd say do it. All aboard time is usually 1/2 hour prior to posted sailing. And the Aleutian Ballad is very close to the cruiseship docks - five minute walk at most.

Agreed on both counts. You will make your ship, and since they only have one excursion boat- you pay the cruiseline a few extra dollars for....who knows why. The convenience of booking through the cruiseline?

Agreed on both counts. You will make your ship, and since they only have one excursion boat- you pay the cruiseline a few extra dollars for....who knows why. The convenience of booking through the cruiseline?

On our HAL cruise the price is exactly the same booking direct with the company or with HAL.

Thanks for the input!! Princess is $20 more per person. Hubby says for peace of mind we should just book through Princess. We are new cruisers and paranoid about getting left behind. I can think of a better way to spend $40.... LOL

Thanks for the input!! Princess is $20 more per person. Hubby says for peace of mind we should just book through Princess. We are new cruisers and paranoid about getting left behind. I can think of a better way to spend $40.... LOL

I just booked directly....we are sailing w/ Princess in two weeks. Save your $40.00 and book directly. There is only one 1:30 sailing for the Fishermen's tour...if it is late then Princess will wait because there will be the "excursion" people (who paid an extra $20.00 for nothing) on it. If, by chance, it is late just come back to the ship (only a 5 minute walk) with the "excursion" group, then you will get back on the ship...no problems! BTW, if you call the company they will tell you they have never got back late...they know they must get you back in plenty of time.

They make their living doing this and know that one group of tourists who miss their ship would put a huge black mark by their name- unless a serious problem it is not going to happen. These folks are professionals and know what they are doing.

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking of booking the Bering Sea crab excursion. As I read through this forum several people mentioned that this is an excursion offered by Princess.

I have searched and searched the Princess excursions offered for our cruise on the Diamond for 3rd week of June and its not listed. I know I can sign up directly with company, but wondered why its not offered on my excursion list.

I am assuming that this is the same excursion whether i book with princess or through the company directly.

One major thing I have noticed in my research, most excursion companies that offer excursions through the cruise line do not offer the excursion for private booking.

I was thinking of booking the Bering Sea crab excursion. As I read through this forum several people mentioned that this is an excursion offered by Princess.

I have searched and searched the Princess excursions offered for our cruise on the Diamond for 3rd week of June and its not listed. I know I can sign up directly with company, but wondered why its not offered on my excursion list.

I am assuming that this is the same excursion whether i book with princess or through the company directly.

One major thing I have noticed in my research, most excursion companies that offer excursions through the cruise line do not offer the excursion for private booking.

Call Princess and ask about it. I have had situations where tours were not listed and was told they were booked. Other times they were available and I could book per the telephone. No explanation was given why it wasn't listed online.

When we did this, all of the direct openings were already booked. I was able to book through HAL with no problem as they had an allocation of reserved spots.

The morning that we took the tour, it was a long walk up the pier to the crab boat. We really had to hustle to get there in time and in fact, the boat left without a couple of passengers who were late.

That afternoon there was plenty of time to hike around and enjoy the sights. http://alaskacruiseblog.com/photos/ketchikan-deadliest-catch/

Archived