San Juan Segway

rrdubya

We; my wife, two daughters and son are sailing the Liberty Eastern Carribean on July 23rd. We are considering doing the 2 hour Segway tour during our time in San Juan. I have a couple of questions regarding that tour from anyone who has done it.

My son is 10 years old. He is about 4'10" and 120#. He rides his Razor scooter all the time but has never been able to ride a bike. The website says the minimum weight to ride is 90#, it doesn't say anything about an age restriction. Has anyone had children who have done this tour? Was it difficult to learn to ride the Segway?

My other question is whether you get off the Segway during the tour? Do you ride to destinations and then get off and explore or do you just ride by?

It only takes a few minutes to learn. They will instruct you individually. The tour will take you through parts of Old San Juan and then to the Fort. The price you pay includes admission to the Fort. Once there, your guide will take you around and then let you wander on your own for a while. The trip back is a different route so you get to see more stuff.

Be sure to check out the view from the men's room at the Fort. It is a large opening looking out over the ocean.

This is a great excursion. Well run and informative.

We've done several Segway tours, the one one the boardwalk in Saint Martin is great too.

Adults seem to have a harder time learning it cause they over think it. Kids just hop on and go. Kids just "get" it. They get a longer ride time while the adults are being trained :D

Did this tour on our March 26th cruise with our 11 yr old. All of us rate this as one of the highlights of the trip. As others have mentioned, the kids caught on faster than the adults did. The "dads" seem to have the hardest time getting the hang of it! You will have a great time.

Archived