Adriatic Explorer port questions

Only 2 weeks to go and I am tidying up all the loose ends of the planning.

Question 1 - are there any ports on this itinery where a photo ID is required to leave/enter the port area or will my onboard pass be OK. I usually take a b/w copy of the passport details page anyway.

Kotor

Koper

Venice

Split

Dubrovnik

Question 2 - where exactly does Thomson Spirit dock in corfu?

Question 3 - what bus number to get to Corfu town?

Question 4 - where is the bus stop at each end?

Question 5 - how much is the fare each way?

I will probably take a trip into corfu town as I will be aboard ship and fed and watered by about 3pm on arrival day.

Only 2 weeks to go and I am tidying up all the loose ends of the planning.

Question 1 - are there any ports on this itinery where a photo ID is required to leave/enter the port area or will my onboard pass be OK. I usually take a b/w copy of the passport details page anyway.

Kotor

Koper

Venice

Split

Dubrovnik

Question 2 - where exactly does Thomson Spirit dock in corfu?

Question 3 - what bus number to get to Corfu town?

Question 4 - where is the bus stop at each end?

Question 5 - how much is the fare each way?

I will probably take a trip into corfu town as I will be aboard ship and fed and watered by about 3pm on arrival day.

Q1,Last time in Dubrovnik,needed passport to get in and out from dockside.Doubt if they will accept copy.

Q2,At the harbour[lol],sorry just known as Port de Corfu.

Q3,You can walk to the town shops in about 20/30 minutes.Try and visit the cricket pitch by the Listons.

When we arrived in Corfu there was a map and details about buses etc. in the cabin. What we did was turn left as you come out of the port and then walked along he sea wall which brings you round to the main square, it's quite steep but not very far. There are lots of bars where you can watch the world go by and I'm sure the bus back to the port stopped here.

just checked the Venice cruise terminal site and on the 4 May Spirit has berth 18 next to Splendour of the Seas. Luckily the behemoth is due to leave at 2pm so getting back to the port should be a little easier in the afternoon. No other cruise ships in port on that day either.

We did the same cruise last august and did not need our passports anywhere.

Bus stop is near where the airport to ship transfer bus drops you off. Near the expensive taxis. Walk past them and you will see the bus stop - about 1 euro or so. Nice town.

Can't seem to work out how to us the euro sign on my pc...

AltGr plus 4 keys do the job €€€€€€€€€ :)

thanks for the bus info, I will take special note of where the coach drops of. Taking the bus to town and walking back sounds better as you are just getting nearer that long cool drink :D

I presume you pay the driver? whats the greek for single to town please?

yahsas

??????????

parakalo

??????????

efaristo

Further research indicates that the bus to town is circular route 2 which also goes to the airport. Bus stops outside the cruise terminal, cost €1.5 euro? and runs every 20 mins.

Archived