When do you pay for Trip Insurance

I did a search but didn't see what I was looking for.

When if purchase trip insurance through RC, do you pay immediately or is it part of your balance due?

I assume if you buy from another company, either on-line or through your TA, you pay immediately.

If you want cancel for any reason and pre-existing conditions, when do you have to purchase the insurance?

We have always just gotten it when we booked and the TA took care of it, so I am not sure what the best way to go is.

Thanks for any replies.

I did a search but didn't see what I was looking for.

When if purchase trip insurance through RC, do you pay immediately or is it part of your balance due?

I assume if you buy from another company, either on-line or through your TA, you pay immediately.

If you want cancel for any reason and pre-existing conditions, when do you have to purchase the insurance?

We have always just gotten it when we booked and the TA took care of it, so I am not sure what the best way to go is.

Thanks for any replies.

RCCL and Celebrity's cover independent booked air, so I suggest to purchase the insurance when the air is purchased if no pre-existing coverage is needed. Since buying the air is basically a commitment to taking the cruise. If no air or pre-existing, then buy it at final payment.

Thanks, Sue. I appreciate the prompt reply.

We won't be flying but we do have some pre-existing conditions. Both of us are being treated for high blood pressure and I am diabetic.

I have never really understood the definition of pre-existing because there are always some if/then scenarios.:confused:

Thanks, Sue. I appreciate the prompt reply.

We won't be flying but we do have some pre-existing conditions. Both of us are being treated for high blood pressure and I am diabetic.

I have never really understood the definition of pre-existing because there are always some if/then scenarios.:confused:

Pre-existing comes into affect when whatever condition that you have become unstable. If within 60 days of depositing the cruise your conditions, medications, etc have been stable then it is not technically a pre-existing. If you are playing with meds, having issues then purchase and PAY for it at deposit. Then you are covered.

Archived