Are there any washers/dryers on FREEDOM OF THE SEAS?

I was just wondering if anyone has heard if RCCL newest ship "Freedom of the Seas" had installed any washers and dryers on board, so you can do your own laundry. I know none of their other Voyager class ships do, but was hoping maybe their new ship did. I hate paying $4.00 to have a t-shirt cleaned or $8.00 for a pair of jeans.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone think they will put a self laundry facility on board any of th RCCL ships? Does anyone care if they put one on-board?

I've heard other ships have them and think it would be nice if we had the choice, could mean bring less clothes....

They probably will not have a self service laundry because they want the revenue stream from the current laundry services they offer. I think another consideration is the itinerary of the ship. If it's going to do 7 day cruises most people will bring enough clothes and will not use a self service laundry. It would be beneficial though on a longer cruise. The problem is that you will need Laundry Police to deal with the "laundry hogs" that are just like chair hogs. People will put their clothes in the washing machine or dryer and then disappear for hours before they come back to remove their clothes.

I wouldn't use it. I'm on vacation and the last thing I want to do or think about is laundry. For a seven-day cruise you should be able to pack enough stuff to get you through. Perhaps budget yourself a small amount in case you need to have something dry-cleaned or pressed such as formal attire.

If I feel like I might miss doing laundry, I know there will be lots to do once I get home!!

Archived