First Time Cruiser - Dream

A quick post to first say 'Hello'! :)

We (me, OH and bump) are first time cruisers and booked on the Dream in June.

I've been lurking a bit and reading some of the reviews and great advice, but am sure I'll have a few 'silly' questions from time to time before we go...its all so new!

Great to see so many positive reviews about the Dream - Can't wait to go!!

Bye for now

BoB

Well, here's the first question...

I've been browsing the excursions and wondered if it was possible to take 2 trips in one day?

(in Barcelona OH wants to go to the Nou Camp whereas I'd rather see the town/Gaudi etc)

I see most excursions are around 4 hrs and I think you get quite a bit of time at each port (:confused:) So I'm hoping we could do both before having to get back on board.

- what time does the ship tend to sail back out of each port, or is each day different?

Thanks

Hello BoB,

Welcome to the nuthouse that is Cruise Critic.

It depends on each port how long you stay there.

So if there are 2 excursions you want to do you will have to ask the Shore Excursions desk if it is possible to do more than one in 1 day.

And congratulations on your soon to be new arrival.

Berwyn

Welcome to the padded cell Bob

what time does the ship tend to sail back out of each port, or is each day different?

Each port departure is different,If you look on the Thomson website and your itinerary/cruise you will see your arrival and departure time there

When in June are you going?

Thanks Berwyn and Jim! Looks like we might have to go it alone in Barca to fit both in.

We're going on the 11th June for 7 nights though I think we should have booked a longer one - there doesn't seem enough time to do everything!!

BoB

Well, here's the first question...

I've been browsing the excursions and wondered if it was possible to take 2 trips in one day?

(in Barcelona OH wants to go to the Nou Camp whereas I'd rather see the town/Gaudi etc)

I see most excursions are around 4 hrs and I think you get quite a bit of time at each port (:confused:) So I'm hoping we could do both before having to get back on board.

- what time does the ship tend to sail back out of each port, or is each day different?

Hi BoB

Have you thought of going on the HOHO bus (Hop On Hop Off) ? Barcelona is really easy the bus is literally as you leave the port and for a few Euros it takes you all over Barcelona and you can hop off and back on should you see something you want to wander around - think it will suit you and the OH? It goes to Nou Camp too. I believe there is a bus around every twenty mins - You will have plenty of time to see all you need to and its easy on the legs!

Hope this helps

Jo x

Great idea Jo icon14.gif Just looked it up and sounds ideal, thanks!!

Generally when you've finished 'going it alone' can you just get back on the ship when you want to, or do you have to wait till some sort of re-boarding time?

Thanks again folks

BoB

Great idea Jo icon14.gif Just looked it up and sounds ideal, thanks!!

Generally when you've finished 'going it alone' can you just get back on the ship when you want to, or do you have to wait till some sort of re-boarding time?

Thanks again folks

BoB

Hi,

You can wander on and off the ship anytime you want during the day.

If you really wanted to for example you could go off in the morning come back on for lunch and then off again in the afternoon.

Berwyn

with regard to doing more than one trip - some are half day ones only but they all start at the same time in the morning so no chance to do 2! it does mean you have the afternoon to browse local though if you do a half day organised excursion in the morning - back to the ship for lunch and then off again for more sight seeing :D enjoy!

Sometimes a particular half-day trip will run twice on the same day with a morning and an afternoon departure, so you can book the one that suits you best and maybe tie it in with a second half-day trip. It will depend on your itinerary, and the destination services staff will be able to advise you what's feasible.

Carol x

Archived