Just off the Allure (4/24-5/1)

Thank you for your answer on the sunscreen at Paradise beach. It took me a while to find where I had seen the questions.

Under ports of call and Cozumel I searched sunscreen and scrolling down I found the two questions on biodegradable sunscreen. It seems some places, on their website, say you must use it. One said Mr. Sanchos and another said Chankanaab. I beleive it damages the coral.

Glad to hear we don't need it at Paradise beach.

Thank you for your answer on the sunscreen at Paradise beach. It took me a while to find where I had seen the questions.

Under ports of call and Cozumel I searched sunscreen and scrolling down I found the two questions on biodegradable sunscreen. It seems some places, on their website, say you must use it. One said Mr. Sanchos and another said Chankanaab. I beleive it damages the coral.

Glad to hear we don't need it at Paradise beach.

You're welcome. I didn't even go down and look at the beach but I did hear some people saying it wasn't that nice (tons of 'brown stuff' :confused: and seaweed). I went there mainly for the pool.

Thanks, we are soooooolooking forward to our cruise in 33 days..........:D

I noticed that your daughters are in their teens, did they go to the teen club at all? My son who will be 14 when we travel, is wondering about it, did they go at all, let me know, thanks!

We just got back from that same cruise, and our daughter, age 12, was in the teen group, 12-14...she loved it, had the time of her life. They had lots of activities all day long in their main "Teen Living Room"...then had other activities scattered throughout other venues on the ship... we had to practically beg her to just go to a show with us, she wanted to be in the Teen Club every night.

To be honest, the two times I ate in there I did not notice any children. It has more healthier options so maybe that is why! But I did not see any signs, nor anything posted in the compass about it being adults only.

Sounds like a good opportunity for some kids to be introduced to some healthier fare;) My kids like their occasional treats, but we try our best to make healthy choices for all of us. You should see my kids gobble up their spianch salads....Amazing!

Anyway, do you know what kind of breakfast and lunch foods are offered? I'm hoping they have some egg whites and turkey bacon at breakfast.

Looking forward to reading your review. I board 'my ship' this Sunday!!! Woo-hoo!

Can you tell me which night the MDR serves escargot and lobster (hopefully, it's the same night)?

Thanks, in advance.

Anyway, do you know what kind of breakfast and lunch foods are offered? I'm hoping they have some egg whites and turkey bacon at breakfast.

I did not go there for breakfast so I'm not sure what was served. It is listed as a "healthy fresh buffet". At lunch, they had salads, some wraps, fruit and a variety of miso soups.

Can you tell me which night the MDR serves escargot and lobster (hopefully, it's the same night)?

Thanks, in advance.

I "think" lobster night was on Thursday but I'm not completely sure. (None in my party eats lobster.) And I don't recall seeing escargot on the menu but that doesn't mean it wasn't there! Sorry! :o

Funny thing...my in-laws also live in Sarasota and we were thinking of doing the same thing...I have some questions for you, if you don't mind?

1. Did you fly to Sarasota or Tampa?

2. Did you rent a car and drive to FLL?

3. How long did it take you to get to FLL?

4. Where did you fly out of after the cruise?

Thank You,

Funny thing...my in-laws also live in Sarasota and we were thinking of doing the same thing...I have some questions for you, if you don't mind?

1. Did you fly to Sarasota or Tampa?

2. Did you rent a car and drive to FLL?

3. How long did it take you to get to FLL?

4. Where did you fly out of after the cruise?

Thank You,

My inlaws actually live in Venice. :)

We flew into Sarasota, rented a car (Thrifty) at the airport and drove it to Fort Lauderdale on Saturday afternoon. Took about 2 1/2 hrs. Very easy drive. We returned the car to an off-site Thrifty. The airport is so close that we actually could've went there. After the cruise, we flew out of Fort Lauderdale. The cab to the airport from the terminal was $44 for the four of us. They packed vans and charged $11 pp!

We flew into Sarasota, rented a car (Thrifty) at the airport and drove it to Fort Lauderdale on Saturday afternoon. Took about 2 1/2 hrs. Very easy drive. We returned the car to an off-site Thrifty. The airport is so close that we actually could've went there. After the cruise, we flew out of Fort Lauderdale. The cab to the airport from the terminal was $44 for the four of us. They packed vans and charged $11 pp!

Thanks for the info!! :)

oops double post!! :)

For breakfast, they do offer turkey bacon and turkey sausage (really good!). They serve what appears to be powdered eggs, but I think you can request egg subsitute, maybe egg whites. They seem very happy to grant special requests, if possible. They have a great make-your-own-granola, tons of fresh fruit, oatmeal, yogurt, cereals, etc.

For lunch they have vegetarian and fish crepes, chicken tacos, salads, fruits, vegetables, etc. I especially loved the healthy desserts!

If you are looking for good, healthy options, you will love the Solarium Bistro!

[quote name='Vegas Vic']Roger1955,

I am impressed with your cruising history, and it begs a question.

Because this looks like your full time job, what do you do for a vacation? :D[/quote]

I get 5 weeks vacation after being with my company for 30 years. Cruising is the only way to vacation. I also try to fit Holidays or weekends into the cruising week so that I have more days.

Archived