Suggestions, Please?!

heels_fan

I am very excited about a day in Grand Cayman in July, and am trying to decide what to do. Ideally, I would like to take an island tour (my DBF has never been), and then spend the rest of the day relaxing on the beach. (I did an awesome sting-ray excursion in Grand Turk last year, so I think I'll skip Sting-Ray City, and after reading recent news about the Turtle Fram, I'd rather not get anywhere near it :mad:) So, here are my questions: Is it possible to just find a reasonably-priced, decent island tour once we are at the pier? - Or do I need to book something ahead of time? I was there 10 years ago and paid 15 bucks for a tour that I was quite happy with. Was I just lucky, or is this pretty standard? And, (I know this a toughie :)) - what is the "best" beach? It seems everyone has a different opinion - which I think is awesome - I love to read all about the different places - but it's making a decision very difficult. I'm looking for the prettiest beach that is relatively easy to access, with chairs & drinks available for a decent price. Snorkeling would just be an added bonus - we may or may not do that. Orrrr... are there any other "can't miss" suggestions for a day in Grand Cayman? TIA for any and all suggestions!

Archived