Diamond or Saphire E200/201

vmom

We are booked on the Diamond Alaska southbound from Whittier to Vancouver.

To save on money, we decided to go with an obstructed view outside cabin. I have to decide between E201 or an HH guarantee.

When I looked up E201 it appears it's a foward cabin in the front by the stairs where the promenade goes up a level. It looks to me like it is not an obstructed view, although its listed as an obstructed view. One problem could be the noise from the theater at night, so its a trade off between a cabin which looks like it might have a decent view(although the other side of the ship would be preferable for a southbound I think).

Am I correct in my assessment that this may have an unobstructed view even tho it is listed as an obstructed view?

How bad do you think the noise from the theater will be?

Which would be a better bet...E201 or an HH guarantee?

As a side note, last time we had an obstructed view guarantee, we ended up with a completely obstructed view, couldn't see a thing outside and it was a cabin for 4 even tho we are only two so we ended up with the walls having side bunks.

All feedback or opinions are appreciated!

I have never been in the cabin but as I look at the deck plan, it would likely be one that I would choose. I suspect it is fairly unobstructed, the windows will have one-way film on them but you will have to get used of have people walking by in front of your cabin.

Thanks so much for your feedback. I'm thinkiing the same thing and keeping my fingers crossed that the deck plans are accurate about where the life boats line up and that the bass music from the theater isn't too loud.

Archived