Dining on the Diamond? similar set up as Golden or different?

vmom

We will be sailing on the Diamond to Alaska and have been reading about this ship.

By what I've been reading, it seems the dining is a bit different in that there are 5 dining areas. What i was unclear about is whether this is set up like the other Grand ships. I read something about different themes which made it seem like there was different dining styles or menus. I'm getting this info from Berlitz Crusing and Cruise ships 2009. It mentioned a Santa Fe style dining area and an Asian style area.

Are there 4 specialty dining areas with extra fees?

If,so, then since there is less main dining area, does the main dining get more crowds with longer waits?

We sailed on the Golden two years ago and more recently on the Crown. Those ships have different main dining areas, but are essentially the same food etc..

Thanks for any information

We will be sailing on the Diamond to Alaska and have been reading about this ship.

By what I've been reading, it seems the dining is a bit different in that there are 5 dining areas. What i was unclear about is whether this is set up like the other Grand ships. I read something about different themes which made it seem like there was different dining styles or menus. I'm getting this info from Berlitz Crusing and Cruise ships 2009. It mentioned a Santa Fe style dining area and an Asian style area.

Are there 4 specialty dining areas with extra fees?

If,so, then since there is less main dining area, does the main dining get more crowds with longer waits?

We sailed on the Golden two years ago and more recently on the Crown. Those ships have different main dining areas, but are essentially the same food etc..

Thanks for any information

There are four themed anytime dining rooms on the Diamond and Sapphire Princess ships. There is no extra-cost for these dining rooms. They're basically the two anytime dining rooms from all the other Grand-class ships just split into four dining rooms. Each one has a "specialty" dish that you can order in any of the dining rooms, but basically the theme is for the decor.

There are four themed anytime dining rooms on the Diamond and Sapphire Princess ships. There is no extra-cost for these dining rooms. They're basically the two anytime dining rooms from all the other Grand-class ships just split into four dining rooms. Each one has a "specialty" dish that you can order in any of the dining rooms, but basically the theme is for the decor.
When first launched the four dining rooms had different menus but I understand that dealing with five different menus was a problem and one or more were less popular while others had long lines. All that remains is a signature dish from each restaurant. Otherwise all five DRs have the same standard Princess menus as other ships.

When first launched the four dining rooms had different menus but I understand that dealing with five different menus was a problem and one or more were less popular while others had long lines. All that remains is a signature dish from each restaurant. Otherwise all five DRs have the same standard Princess menus as other ships.

Thank you all for the feedback and info. When I first read the discription, I got the impression of speciality dining more like NCL has many specilty dining areas...but all at an extra cost. I'm glad to hear that its all the same menu and no extra fees.

Archived