newly potty trained, sailing on FOS

Momto3cuties

Ha ha...very funny to read my old post, as my son is almost 9 now and potty training seems like a million years ago!

My son did fine when he was 3, but we didn't leave him in AO for long periods of time. He didn't go at all during the day, but went in the evening a few times...maybe for 2 hours at the most. No accidents, and he had fun.

Thanks!! I am sure that was a trip down memory lane. ;)

So this thread caugh my eye and I hope you find my story amusing. We started PT our son a couple weeks before our cruise (:eek: What in the heck was I thinking?!) Anyways, he did fantastic on cruise not an accident but he did decide to streak across the pool deck :eek::D OH MY! I was mortified! Swim trunks are just too easy to take off, I guess. I didn't really find it amusing @ the time but 9 years later, I laugh thinking about it!

Hope you have a great cruise; they grow up WAY to quick!:o

Not exactly a potty training story, but a funny poolwear story nonetheless. I let me 4 year old put her own bathing suit on while I was getting ready. DD is very petite and toddler swim suit bottoms always looked too big. I am watching her play in the splash area and then I notice that she has her underwear on under her swim suit. lol.

Hopefully the bathrooms are close to the pool areas. I always push it to the edge with waiting so when I have to go, I really do too. My DD is just like me.

Its not just little kids. LOL

Ok, so I know it has been many years since you posted this but I am doing some research for my soon to be 3 year old before we sail in March. She is potty trained, I trust her to wipe #1..but I am also worried about her having random accidents in a place she isn't familiar with (I know they only get 3 strikes and they are out)...so I am just curious how your experience went when you son was little? I wonder if she gets kicked out of AO if I can pay for Royal Tots. I am probably overthinking all of this! HA!

On NCL, our 3 year old son was fully potty trained, but they thought he was having trouble wiping independently. They gave us a beeper so they could contact us if he needed help. Not all lines have beepers (and some reserve them for children with disabilities or very young children) but it's worth asking.

Ok, so I know it has been many years since you posted this but I am doing some research for my soon to be 3 year old before we sail in March. She is potty trained, I trust her to wipe #1..but I am also worried about her having random accidents in a place she isn't familiar with (I know they only get 3 strikes and they are out)...so I am just curious how your experience went when you son was little? I wonder if she gets kicked out of AO if I can pay for Royal Totst. I am probably overthinking all of this! HA!

Recently went on IOS and they did allow one older child in the nursery but it is honestly set up more for babies. Very few toys he would be interested in. Our son was potty trained but I think the strange food and water upset his stomach and he did not get to the bathroom in time. The staff spent ten minutes laying out the law to my husband and kicking him out. The little guy in the meantime was crying in the restroom by himself. The ships are not set up well for this age group and the staff seemed very callous. The whole experience has turned us off of cruising and we have previously taken 12 or so cruises. We will probably go back to Holland once our youngest is ready for the kids club there. The twins were 16 months or so and did ok in the nursery. The older kids club was fine, but in my opinion RC is not good with the in between stage.... potty training or potty trained but without an iron bladder. Just be warned.... they would not let parents help on Indy.