Parking at Port of Jacksonville

I read on a CC review of the Fascination someone said there was the parking at the port for $15 a day and a block down there was also parking for $10 a day. Anyone have more information on this? Who does the cheaper lot belong to? How exactly do we find it?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by tzais01

I know of no other parking a block down :confused:.

Best bet is to find a hotel that offers free parking while you cruise .

Then your all rested up the next morning and ready to board ,for about the same price you would have paid to park at the port .

Fairly good rates around Jaxport for park and cruise hotels.

Wow!! Now I kinda feel like I am getting jipped. We booked a room at the Holiday Inn for the night before our cruise and they have a park a cruise rate of $139.00. That seems like a lot if you can pay $48 a the lot to park for $6 days. Does anyone else know of a nice/cheaper hotel at Jacksonville to park and cruise??

• 1 month later...

DID any of you actually LOOK at the pictures on the site?!?!?!

It looks ike you are parking your cars in a Farmer's field, next to a shed/garage, with a short fence around it..........

1-img_1972.jpg?ab=5

I'd pay a little more to ensure my car is left in a secure lot, with 7-8 foot barbed wire fences and security.

Parked at the lot in Jacksonville 3 times now and have had zero problems.

I guess everybody has a different priority for their money and the security of their 2nd most expensive investment. (generally)

Bill

we cruised out of Jacksonville in Feb, and we used the port parking lot,

we did see a "parking lot" before you got to the port where you could park

for 10.00 a day..it didn't look to good:(... I had rather pay a little extra at the port parking lot and know my car is safe.:)

DID any of you actually LOOK at the pictures on the site?!?!?!

It looks ike you are parking your cars in a Farmer's field, next to a shed/garage, with a short fence around it..........

1-img_1972.jpg?ab=5

I'd pay a little more to ensure my car is left in a secure lot, with 7-8 foot barbed wire fences and security.

Parked at the lot in Jacksonville 3 times now and have had zero problems.

I guess everybody has a different priority for their money and the security of their 2nd most expensive investment. (generally)

Bill

That is why I asked if anyone had used the place. The site also says:

· We have on site 24 hour security.

· Our facility in Jacksonville has 16 day/night surveillance cameras & ADT State of Art Perimeter Security Beams.

If they park their shuttle busses there overnight I guess they think it is pretty safe and that big bus they have pictured cost way more than my van that I would be parking there.

I am only familiar with Park and Fly type lots. In Atlanta those run around $6-$8 a day. JAXPORT at $15 a day seems a little steep to me. We are staying at a hotel that said we can park there if we need to. That is the back up plan.

That is why I asked if anyone had used the place. The site also says:

·We have on site 24 hour security.

· Our facility in Jacksonville has 16 day/night surveillance cameras & ADT State of Art Perimeter Security Beams.

If they park their shuttle busses there overnight I guess they think it is pretty safe and that big bus they have pictured cost way more than my van that I would be parking there.

I am only familiar with Park and Fly type lots. In Atlanta those run around $6-$8 a day. JAXPORT at $15 a day seems a little steep to me. We are staying at a hotel that said we can park there if we need to. That is the back up plan.

Maybe that shed where they park their 3 vans and a bus are somewhere near their house or something?

And generally, if kids are jacking cars to joyride, not to terribly many could even get a bus like that in gear, to try and steal....So other than vandalism, the larger vehicles should be genrally safe anyway.

Like I said, to each their own....

If you do choose to use that lot, definitely report back how it went.....

Bill

Edited by bguppies

Maybe that shed where they park their 3 vans and a bus are somewhere near their house or something?

And generally, if kids are jacking cars to joyride, not to terribly many could even get a bus like that in gear, to try and steal....So other than vandalism, the larger vehicles should be genrally safe anyway.

Like I said, to each their own....

If you do choose to use that lot, definitely report back how it went.....

Bill

You definitely have me thinking twice now. Thanks for the heads up, I did not see the lot pics when I first went on the site. I guess you get what you pay for. Will look for other "reviews" and if nothing positive before Sept, will look elsewhere.

Go to the Florida Departures board and search "Jacksonville". You will see a few threads on this. On one of the threads, the owner of the lot has a response. He owns the transportation company that Carnival uses to transport people from the airport to the cruise terminal. Sounds like he is legit and provides ample security.

Hampton Inn East right across the bridge offers Free parking and the rooms are nice and clean for 79 to 89 a night. Plus theres a Ruby Tuesdays right in front of the hotel. Taxi cost around 12 bucks to go over the bridge , to the port .;)

Hampton Inn East right across the bridge offers Free parking and the rooms are nice and clean for 79 to 89 a night. Plus theres a Ruby Tuesdays right in front of the hotel. Taxi cost around 12 bucks to go over the bridge , to the port .;)

That is my back up plan. We already have a room booked there for Saturday and Sunday night. My rough calculation for the taxi had been about $20 each way.

I found it curious that some people seem to think this place is not secure, but plenty of people use hotel park and cruise. To the best of my knowledge, most hotel parking lots are not gated or fenced. They may have some security and some cameras, but I would think that the hotel is not liable if your car is stolen or broken into while you are away on a cruise.

Go to the Florida Departures board and search "Jacksonville". You will see a few threads on this. On one of the threads, the owner of the lot has a response. He owns the transportation company that Carnival uses to transport people from the airport to the cruise terminal. Sounds like he is legit and provides ample security.

Thank you so much. I found a thread with one current review and two people that are booked there that sail soon that said they will post a review of the place. Also the owner is active in answering questions on that thread. He states he also does the transportation for Carnival in Charleston.

We just got back yesterday from our cruise. We used hotel points to stay at Crowne Plaza on the River in downtown, so therefore needed a parking lot for our car. I saw the nearby lot for lesser price, but I didn't want to deal with shuttles either coming or going. We arrived at the port a little around 10:15 and were put into a 'waiting area parking lot' for a couple minutes. I think they were still waiting for the last passengers to get off. By 10:30 or so, we were in the 2nd row of cars in the 'real' lot, but first space in that row - so super close to the ship. We didn't need shuttles or porters, and our car was in a very secure lot. Paid in advance that day, so it was smooth sailing yesterday when leaving. We were onboard around 11:30. I'd do it that way again!

I will be using the jax park and cruise lot on Monday. I paid $10. From the reviews I read and talking to the owner, it seems like a safe and secure place. If not, that's what they have insurance for right? :D

• 2 weeks later...

We arrived at the parking lot and honestly the pics do not do it justice. It is a very nice lot with a nice building. We parked the car and immediately they took our luggage out of the trunk and loaded them in the shuttle. We got on the shuttle and went straight to the port. From the car to the shuttle took about 2 minutes! They don't wait for the shuttle to fill up, if you are there, they put you on the shuttle and immediately take you to the ship. Upon debarkation they were waiting at the terminal. As soon as we walked over to the shuttle, they put our luggage in the shuttle and took us straight to our car. Again, no wait at all. The shuttles are very nice and clean as well. There was only one other family on the shuttle each time...