Courtyard by Marriot Fort Lauderdale East

LynnAnne

It's a little over a mile walk to the beach. There is a CVS about 4 blocks west on Commercial Blvd, and convenience and wine stores about 4 blocks east. There are a lot of restaurants less than a mile away, and a Denny's across the street. The hotel is about 10 miles north of the port and airport. A taxi will cost $35-40 each way so if you can get a shuttle for less than that do it. It looks like you selected north Fort Lauderdale for the Priceline zone?

Thanks Royalcruz, I wish I could change my hotel but with priceline so such luck so we will make the best of it. Should we rent a car? We will be there in Feb for 2 days before we cruise. We can walk no problem but the area looks like alot of traffic to get anywhere. We don't mind walking at all, is it a nice walk?? That sounds like alot for a cab. Last Feb we stayed by the Westin on the beach and it was about 20 I think to get to and from airport then to port everglades. Is there a cheaper place to rent a car from the airport then drop it off before cruise?? You are so helpfull, thanks again. Lynn

You can get public bus info online or at 954-357-8400. You could get from the airport to the hotel with one transfer. However, don't attempt this unless you are very familiar with public transport and maps, as you don't want to get stuck in a bad neighborhood with luggage.

For 2 days, I would just rent a car from the airport. It will cost about the same as a taxi and you will be able to go wherever you want. Fort Lauderdale is a fun town but your hotel is in a residential/hospital suburban neighborhood. There are off-airport car rental locations on S. Federal Hwy and SE 17th St, but you will have to get there first. Many of the airport rental agencies have a free shuttle to take you to your ship after you drop off your car. If you decide not to rent a car, know that the area around the hotel is very safe to walk around.

Archived