Thinking about switching cruises, seeking input

Hi all

My husband and I are booked on Victory in Jan, 7 days out of San Juan, in a aft view balcony. We well be traveling with our 2 year old son. NCL is having a kids sail free sale, and a 11 day cruise in Nov on the dawn caught my eye. We can book a 10 floor balcony for 400 dollars more. Looking at the air fair from boston for 3 to Mamii vs San Juan, and hotel costs, I think we may be spending about the same for a longer cruise. . I've never sailed NCL, so I would like to hear how people like the line. Also reviews of the kids clubs. I sailed Carnival last about 9 years ago, with a girlfriend. My husband and I have sailed RCL together. thanks, I have to make my mind up in the next day or so.

Hi all

My husband and I are booked on Victory in Jan, 7 days out of San Juan, in a aft view balcony. We well be traveling with our 2 year old son. NCL is having a kids sail free sale, and a 11 day cruise in Nov on the dawn caught my eye. We can book a 10 floor balcony for 400 dollars more. Looking at the air fair from boston for 3 to Mamii vs San Juan, and hotel costs, I think we may be spending about the same for a longer cruise. . I've never sailed NCL, so I would like to hear how people like the line. Also reviews of the kids clubs. I sailed Carnival last about 9 years ago, with a girlfriend. My husband and I have sailed RCL together. thanks, I have to make my mind up in the next day or so.

no reviews of kids club. my husband and i just cruised ncl for 15 nights last fall. the big difference for us is that you never have to dress up. we were able to wear nice shorts in most dining rooms. don'''t have assigned dining times. very casual and unstuffy. this is just our style on vacation. booked on ncl dawn 11 nights 11/2/11. can't wait!!!!!

Hi all

One thing I would consider is the itinerary. If both ships visit the same ports and you can get away for a longer cruise, then go with NCL.

I have always had good experiences with the kids club on NCL but for an older age group. One thing NCL does have is their own splash area and an animal zoo for your son's age group. I've never see the zoo myself, but it is always listed on the daily schedule. The counselors have always done a good job interacting with the children.

no reviews of kids club. my husband and i just cruised ncl for 15 nights last fall. the big difference for us is that you never have to dress up. we were able to wear nice shorts in most dining rooms. don'''t have assigned dining times. very casual and unstuffy. this is just our style on vacation. booked on ncl dawn 11 nights 11/2/11. can't wait!!!!!

thansk everyone for the reply, we ended up booking the dawn for 11/23 for 11 nights- can't wait!

Our little man is an easy going, happy guy. Loves people, eating out , hanging with Mommy and Daddy and the beach, so think we are in for a good time. Have a balcony so mom and dad can hang out while he naps and sleeps

Archived