Booking Oasis Cruise From UK Questions

Some firends of mine from Scotland booked a cruise on the Jewel, their package included a British Airways flight to Miami, transportation to Fort Lauderdale, one night at the Marriott Marina Hotel and transportation to the ship.

Hiya I am flying from the Uk to sail on the Oasis next week. Im flying from London into Fort Lauderdale with US Airways via Charlotte. The only Airlines that will fly direct from the Uk into Miami are Virgin Atlantic and Delta, all others will fly in direct.

With regards to hotel accommodation the night before Ive opted for a Hotel right near the port for ease of boarding the ship the next day etc

Im heading up to Orlando afterwards for a week aswell, and have managed to get my flight returning from Orlando which is great.

Hope that helps.

Hi, we have booked Oasis for August. We are going a week early to have a week in Orlando. Flight is with Delta.

So, we fly London Heathrow to Detroit, Detroit to Miami. We then stay a night in Miami International Airport (arrive at 10pm) and then next day hire a car and drive to Orlando where we have hired a villa (arranged personally). Then on the Friday, drive to Fort Lauderdale, stay a night in the Embassy Suites, next morning drop car off at port and hop on the Oasis. Returning, RCI arrange everything for us, the flight back is about 6pm from Miami, via New York.

The only irritating thing is that from the UK the airfare is the cheapest quoted which is why the indirect flights. So to do Miami to UK direct would have been an extra £450 per person and £1800 extra on our holiday just for flights didn't make me that happy......

BA and AA also fly direct LHR to MIA.

BA has 2 direct flights a day.

DL also fly direct now too.

who you fly with depends on where you fly from if LHR-MIA then BA,AA,DL,VS. or if LHR-FLL then AA,DL,US,BA/AA codeshare. could also be CO/UA. RCI have to work within contract and strict costings. so you are never guaranteed a direct flt. if you want direct, then ask for it. and don't be suprised if they charge you more.

LHR-FLL will be indirect

Has anyone booked an Oasis Cruise from the UK? If so, what airline was used to Miami and what airport hotel was used for first night stay?

Hi, I booked through Royal Caribbean's UK Call Centre. They couldn't give the 5% discount (that you could get booking online), but gave a more generous (i.e. more generous than 5% value of the cruise) OBC.

We then booked our flights (with Virgin Atlantic - direct LHR to MIA) and our hotels (Hilton Marina Fort Lauderdale pre-cruise, then Ritz Carlton Fort Lauderdale post-cruise) all independently (direct with the airline and the hotels through their internet sites). I don't like booking packages through travel agents: I find that I don't have as much freedom/control, they are rarely ever cheaper (or maybe by £5!) and if anything goes wrong (and you are booked through a "middle man"), then things can be very difficult to sort out....

Boo

im flyin from dublin via chicago wit aa got the best deal ever return flights for 410 euro which be £363,flights have bin changed twice on me since but who cares bargin,still to decide on hotel is there any good spots in miami

Has anyone booked an Oasis Cruise from the UK? If so, what airline was used to Miami and what airport hotel was used for first night stay?

Last October flew from Manchester to New York (JFK), New York to Miami & same in reverse homeward all with American Airlines, included all transfers to and from hotel and ship to airport, hotel was the Hilton Marina Port Everglades Ft Lauderdale for overnight, ----opened the curtains the next morning and stepped out onto the balcony, --- wish I had got up earlier to see her sail in, awesome ---- enjoy

6.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

17.jpg

14.jpg

12.jpg

Archived