power strips

Hi all,

I am leaving on Sun. for my second trip on Pride, and had a question about my power strip. I know it needs to be new or in very good condition, or they will confiscate it, but where should I pack it? Should I put it in my checked luggage, or should I carry it on? Where is the best place to put it to avoid confiscation? Thanks for your help!!

Mine was in my checked with my soda, water and fan. It was a brand new one so they couldn't give me crap about it being worn out. I wanted the fan and power strip right there so I could argue may case there. Well mainly for the fan as I have tinnitus and need it for the noise.

Went through the scanner and the scanner dude told the inspector dude to check my carry on. He asked what was in it and I told him soda and water (truth). He said ok and let me through. No question about the fan or power strip at all.

Later on the last day to pick up booze purchased on the islands, I did see a few power strips on the naughty table though.

I remember the brouhaha during the short-lived total ban of power strips and extension cords. I thought when that ban was lifted, the confiscation of such things stopped. Why does it continue?

Carnival's site says "In order to maintain a safe and secure environment, Carnival prohibits guests from bringing certain items on board, i.e., weapons, candles, irons, alcohol, or other dangerous goods. According to our policy, Carnival conducts security scanning of all baggage and if prohibited items are found, they will be removed and stored on board for safekeeping until the end of the voyage." Nothing mentioning power strips by name, but "other dangerous goods" can mean anything they want it to mean, I guess.

Archived