Shore excursion advance bookings

ginadis2002

We're headed out to Belize on RCI Explorer in November. How far in advance do we need to book non-ship sponsored excursions? Does cave tubing fill up quickly? Tours of the ruins at Tulum? I'm trying to get a feel for the time necessary to ensure we're not shut out of a particular excursion. I know it's hard to predict but I see people booking several months in advance and was wondering if this is the norm for the entire year or just the busiest season....

Thanks in advance....

A lot of the independant operators require a deposit (10-20%) to hold your booking. Some don't. The best thing to do as far as booking independantly is to wait until your mind is 100% made up. That way there's no hassle in losing your deposit, or waiting to get it back etc.

It's also a good idea to have a backup idea just in case your original option gets cancelled.

With something like Tulum in Cozumel, I'd probably go with the ship. Just because the transportation is so "involved". 3 or 4 different modes each way. This is assuming you're going from Cozumel.

LES!

I booked my tour several months early, I checked out the various tour operators and went with one suggested by the Belize Tourist Board, which was A-1 Travel. They were very professional, they have an office in Florida, which made it easy for me to communicate with them prior to me arriving. Should you choose to contact them, email them at attbelize@hotmail.com or 1-877-BELIZE.

People...this person has posted this on every Belize cave tubing thread....spam advertisement

Archived