X-carlet?

ginam

I saw this park on the shore excursion site. But when I paid for the trip and went to order this excursion its not there. Do you go there on your own? Going on the Glory 5-21-05 Thanks

You certainly can go on your own if your ship is in town late enough to make it worthwhile. However, I notice that the Glory leaves Cozumel at 3:30pm local time. This is probably why the excursion isn't being offered. Xcaret involves a bit of travel time which seriously cuts into your day. I would think about doing it on your next visit. If this is an important excursion to you, consider picking a cruise that stays in Cozumel as late as possible.

Sally is correct. That is one of my company's tours. It is 7 hours long. The Glory just isn't here long enough. That is why Chichen Itza, Coba, etc. are not offered for your ship either.

Hi,

Can anybody provide a review of this place? We have booked an excursion through RCCL for our end of April cruise. We have 2 small children and this seemed like an excellent place for them to see wildlife, snorkeling, etc.

Would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

BoatBunny----

I've been to Ixcaret twice now while on vacation in Mexico and just booked a third trip thru RCI while we're in port. It's the most fantastic place i've been in a long time; be sure to do the underground river float....totally safe for the kids and a totally unique experience.

Lea

I've been there twice and loved it. The wildlife is ok, not much more then zoo exhibits other than the manatees. What is a wonderful experience is the underground river tubing. My children have done it twice and would love to do it a third time. My youngest was 7 when she did it and she was not a good swimmer at the time but she felt very safe. The snorkelling cove is just full of fish. For her that was really her best snorkeling, because she didn't have to brave any currents to see the fish.

They have an website, sorry I don't have the address handy. You should check prices if you go on your own. Last year I think it was 45 US. I am not sure because we stayed at the Occidental hotel, which is connected to the park and one day admission is included.

If you get a chance the evenings shows are not to be missed.

Thanks everyone, I had checked out the website and it did look pretty awesome, but I always like to get feedback from people who have been.

The cave tubing sounds great, we were really disappointed that we couldn't cave tube in Belize because our youngest is only 5, so this will be an opportunity to still try it out. Also, the 5 year old loves to snorkel, but hates those currents and waves, so looking forward to the cove too.

Thanks again for the advice! Glad we booked this one!

Archived