which formal night to book portafinos

We are going this weekend on the VOS (so excited) and I have a quick question to anyone who has sailed since the first of the year. Which formal night would you book Portafinos? Is the food better on one of the formal nights than the other formal night in the main dining room? I'd hate to book Portafinos and find out I missed lobster or prime rib in the main dining room. Also does anyone have any recent copies of the "new menu " and or the compass? Thanks Mary

Usually the meals in the dining room are better on the formal nights. We usually try to book the speciality restaurants on a night where the menu is weak, the first night or the last night. The problem with the first night is that you miss meeting the other people at your table. The last night problem lays with missing saying good bye to those people and if you are giving your tips directly having to do that the night before to the waiter and his assistant.

Good luck finding out ahead of time what is going to be served each night of the cruise and then choose that night.

Have a great next cruise.

Archived