ATV or Dune Buggy???

angelboysmom

Hi all! I am traveling with my sons, ages 11 and 17. We are considering either dune buggies or ATV's in Cozumel. For any of you who have done either tour, please let me know your thoughts - will the dune buggies (or ATV's for that matter) be adventurous enough for my adrenaline junkie 17 year old? Thanks for any suggestions!!!

Just got back yesterday from the Free of the Seas :mad: Incredible experiance and very sad it's over. The Dune Buggies and kind of hard to manage for an un experianced driver. On this excursion i saw many people, including some of my friends drive off the road and have to be pushed out. The ATVs are easier to control so would probably be better for a younger adrenaline junkie.

Hi...my wife & Iwere on FOS last month & did the ATV Jungle tour in Cozumel...both in our mid 50's, and physically active.

We'd never been on ATVs before so we have nothing to compare it to, but we had a wonderful time. The Mayan Ruins part of the tour was not a big deal, but the ride itself was fun.

It is very, very rough terrain. A lot of big rocks & exposed tree roots, so if you have any back issues or other health concerns I'd probably stay away from it. You will get filthy dusty & dirty...even your teeth will catch the dust...but it was fun :)

We booked thru RCl & it was $156 for two, plus tips for th etrail guides, they earn it.

Have a good time & let us know what you decide.

Bob

We just returned from the Freedom of the Seas. While in Cozumel we decied to do the x-rail excursion. We actually had a very frustrating experience.

1.Our car and two others kept breaking down because of plugged fuel lines. This made for a stop and go journey.

2.A family of six lead the pack. One of the drivers was a new teenage driver. She went slower than molasses in the winter time. Many drivers including us, asked the guides to put the family at the back of the pack so the rest of us could go balls out. The guides Diego and Mike spoke with the family, they were kind enough to let my husband and I take the lead car, the mom took over for the teenage daughter and they all moved to the middle of the pack.

3.Our drive out to teh Jade Cave took 55 minutes because of the slow drivers and teh faulty equipement on the way...we rocked at 20 minutes...we flew.

Would we book this excursion again...NO!!! ATV's would have been more fun

We loved the dirt and the mud puddles that we flew through...

The sad part about this excursion was seeing the beautiful Parrots, Owl and Hawk chained to thier pirches so they couldn't fly away. The birds were on display for photo op opportunities...and we were suppose to take pictures..only as Diego called the photographer the Mexican paparazzi was allowed to take pictures. I have spoken with customer at Royal Caribbean and shared our concerns...

Archived