Best Catamaran in St. Kitts

Suga1234

Hello, I'll be on Carnival Miracle in November. They have an excursion through the ship called "Catamaran Fan-ta-sea. It's $122 per person for 6 hours. Does anybody have any other recomendations for different catamaran rides? I've never done one & heard it's alot of fun!! Thanks for everybody's help!!!

In March we went with Leeward Island charters. It was a fantastic day. It was a short walk over to the marina, the catamaran was not crowded like the one we saw the cruise ship people getting on. We sailed awhile then snorkled and went to Nevis. The whole time they had an open bar. On Nevis we had a good barbque lunch and could swim awhile. Then sail back to St. Kitts. Cost was $89 pp. A good deal considering what the Carnival excursion is.

They require 12or 15 people before it is confirmed and I had to check my email on the ship up to the day before we were at St. Kitts but it was well worth it, I beleive we ended up with about 35 people on the catamaran. We were the only ones from the ship to book it and the rest came from hotels and resorts. I would definately book it again- we had a blast!

Leeward Island will not say the excursion is for sure until they have a certain number booked. When we went, I had to keep checking my email on the ship to see if the excursion was a go- it is very well worth the wait. They also get bookings from hotels and resorts, so those people don't book till they are on St. Kitts.

We were just going to catch a cab to a beach if we weren't able to do the catamaran.

Any idea if this excursion is OK for children? There is no age restriction listed on the excursion info from the cruiseline. Do they provide lifevests for the snorkeling? From their website, it looks like the snorklers were only using noodles.

• 2 weeks later...
Our response from Leeward Islands Charters on April 26th was "At this point we cannot advise of our schedule. We will be in touch as soon as we know."....... whatever that means.

I got the same response. Does anyone have any other charter suggestions? I do not want to be on a catamaran with 100 people!!

• 2 weeks later...

Leeward got back to us and told us to book thru the ship since they were the operators of the FantaSea, the cat they use for the ship tour is the Eagle. St. Kitts is our Catamaran excursion day and really do not want to be jammed with 50+ others on the ship excursion but would rather save a few extra bucks and book privately. My only concern is waiting to do this with Leeward and missing out on the ship one if Leeward does not have the required folks.

Anyone else just walk off the ship to Leeward with success?

Leeward got back to us and told us to book thru the ship since they were the operators of the FantaSea, the cat they use for the ship tour is the Eagle. St. Kitts is our Catamaran excursion day and really do not want to be jammed with 50+ others on the ship excursion but would rather save a few extra bucks and book privately. My only concern is waiting to do this with Leeward and missing out on the ship one if Leeward does not have the required folks.

Anyone else just walk off the ship to Leeward with success?

Thanks for the info!!! I totally agree with you!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to St. Kitts in February and I contacted Leeward to book privately but I was told they are providing the ships tour and to book through RCI. That tells me it'll be crowded and not what I'm looking for.

I found another catamaran to Nevis and I've just sent an inquiry...I'll let you know if I hear back before your July trip.

Here's their info. in case you'd like to contact them yourself :) http://stkittsislandparadisetours.com/index.cfm

67Chevey let us know. Followed your link to the tour and I'm wondering if they use Leeward as their catamaran, maybe like a middle man. I'm down to my last week deciding wether to book ship FantaSea or just take a chance and walk down to Leeward once docked.

• 2 months later...

Hi

I can't say much about the snorkeling tour with the ship in St. Kitt, except that it's a lot of people! I researched many other options and I was lucky enough to find Liz Pereira Tours. I booked her catamaran tour (1/2 day) in September and it was AWESOME! It included the trip, cold lunch, gear, and open bar. It was about 30 people or so and 12 of them were from our CC group, so that made it even more enjoyable. Liz was great, she responded quickly to all my questions and emailed me regularly to check on things. The crew on the ship were great!!!! They were very informative, entertaining, and genuinely nice!!! They took us to a great spot and we snorkeled for about an hour or so. The whole trip was about 3 hours, which was enough for us. We saw various sea life and the waters were calm and clear. It was the best experience on our trip!!! We can wait to go back!

I recommend them instead of a tour with the ship. You can also check them out on tripadvisor.

Hi

I can't say much about the snorkeling tour with the ship in St. Kitt, except that it's a lot of people! I researched many other options and I was lucky enough to find Liz Pereira Tours. I booked her catamaran tour (1/2 day) in September and it was AWESOME! It included the trip, cold lunch, gear, and open bar. It was about 30 people or so and 12 of them were from our CC group, so that made it even more enjoyable. Liz was great, she responded quickly to all my questions and emailed me regularly to check on things. The crew on the ship were great!!!! They were very informative, entertaining, and genuinely nice!!! They took us to a great spot and we snorkeled for about an hour or so. The whole trip was about 3 hours, which was enough for us. We saw various sea life and the waters were calm and clear. It was the best experience on our trip!!! We can wait to go back!

I recommend them instead of a tour with the ship. You can also check them out on tripadvisor.

Thank you for the great review! Have you snorkeled in St. Maarten/ST. Martin? I'm trying to decide where it would be best to do catamaran either in St. Kitts or St. Maarten. I have never snorkeled & would like for it to be pretty good. LOL. From what I've researched & read sounds like St. Maarten would be best option for snorkeling. I know I really do not want to book w/Carnival, since i hate large crowded full of people & feel like a herd of cattle.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi

Can I ask how much per person for this catamaran tour? Do you have her direct email? Thanks :)

Archived