Shuttle to Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach Hotels

thefer

Hi

I am leaving in less than 50 days on Freedom of the Seas. I am flying into Orlando. Since I come in at 12 am, I am planning to stay at a hotel near the airport. What are some good shuttle companies that will take me from Orlando airport to Cocoa Beach or near it. I am planning to spend 2 days near the port before I jump on the ship.

I booked this cruise just last week. Now getting down to the final details such as hotel in cocoa beach and shuttle to Cocoa Beach and back to the Orlando airport (after cruise)

Thanks

Jennifer

Hi! We cruised out of Port Canaveral last year and stayed 1 night at the Country Inn & Suites in Cape Canaveral, very close to the port. Got an awesome deal on priceline for a kids suite (cost less than $60) and paid $20 or so for the shuttle to the port. It was great!

We live 4 hrs south of there so no airport involved...hopefully someone else can recommend a service to get you to the hotel you choose :)

Hi

I am leaving in less than 50 days on Freedom of the Seas. I am flying into Orlando. Since I come in at 12 am, I am planning to stay at a hotel near the airport. What are some good shuttle companies that will take me from Orlando airport to Cocoa Beach or near it. I am planning to spend 2 days near the port before I jump on the ship.

I booked this cruise just last week. Now getting down to the final details such as hotel in cocoa beach and shuttle to Cocoa Beach and back to the Orlando airport (after cruise)

Thanks

Jennifer

If you are staying at the port for 2 days you should definitely rent a car. The rental car agencies offer one-way rentals from Orlando and it's actually cheaper than the shuttles, depending on how many people are traveling. We spent $80 and kept the car overnight so we could explore.

You really need a car to get around the port and it enables you to drive down to Cocoa Beach or Kennedy Space Center if you wish. We used Budget and when we turned the car in they drove use right to the ship on their shuttle. You can also arrange a one way rental back to the airport.

Our preferred hotel in the area is Residence Inn by Marriott, which is located two blocks or so from the port. It's all-suite, includes a full breakfast, is relatively new, gets excellent reviews on Trip Advisor, and has a wonderful staff.

We generally rent a car from either Budget or Avis because they are located inside MCO airport and have drop off/pick up locations within a mile or two from the pier, with free shuttles to/from the ship. There are discount coupons online (just google "discount coupon codes for Budget")

As the previous poster mentioned, two one-way car rentals are cheaper than using a shuttle service, plus it gives you use of a car pre and post cruise. The route from the airport to the pier is simple, takes about 45 minutes down one straight highway (you'll need about $3 for tolls).

For a nice, inexpensive, family-style restaurant in the area, we prefer A New York Pizza House, located on Rt 520 and A1A, diagonally across from Ron Jon's Surf Shop in Cocoa Beach.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived