Ecstacy

Ranger1

A Friend Of Mine Called And Said On The 6:00 News They Reported The Problem To The Passengers And Said The Port They Went To For Parts Was One Of Their Ports Of Call. The Passengers Went Nuts And Started Throwing Things Overboard And Demanded Their Money Back. Carnival Said They Would Refund 50 %. Has Anyone Else Heard This On The News? I Will Be Watching At 10:00 Tonight And See If They Talk About It Again. We Were On The Ecstasy In Feb. And Loved It.

He Didnt Say What The Problem Was. According To Him The Ship Had A Problem Of Some Sort And It Was On The News Tonight At 6:00. With All The Other Talk On Here I Thought It Might Have Been Recently, But I Am Not Sure. I Will Watch The News Tonight And See If They Report It Again.

There are no news reports on KHOU's website,since the 13th.So I don't think any news report aired today,was siting new problems.

I am not saying there are no new problems,but if they are.They have not been reported here.

I have a friend on the Ecstasy right now. She called me from Cozumel today. The ship arrived in Cozumel this afternoon around 3:30 or 4. Better late than never, I guess. :confused: She did say that they were having a good time.

Julie

I thought so!!! Thanks for the update Camreesmom!!!

That really helps lift the funk. I was so worried for everyone and I kept thinking that the first post was a little off on dates or something.

I have a friend on the Ecstasy right now. She called me from Cozumel today. The ship arrived in Cozumel this afternoon around 3:30 or 4. Better late than never, I guess. :confused: She did say that they were having a good time.

Julie

Wow, thanks for the reassuring post! Thought I was gonna have a panic attack:eek: Been going crazy with all this...Ectasy better stay in working order for our sailing on the 21st:cool:

Consider the Elation -- 7 day cruise (fewer first-timers), ship is 7 years younger.

I am so glad to hear it! I am actually thinking of using my 25% discount on a May sailing of the Ecstasy. Everyone thinks I crazy! What do you fellow CCers think?

There Was Nothing On The 10:00 News Last Night. I Am Guessing They Were Reporting Old News. Sorry To Alarm Everyone. That Was Not My Intentions. I Had Been Gone For A Few Days And Had Not Heard About The Problems. Hope Everything Is Ok With The Ship. Hope Everyone Has A Good Time On Their Trips. Wish I Was Going Back Soon.

TxRoo, when were you on the Ecstasy in February? We sailed over President's Day weekend. Didn't I see you post on the Rhapsody 9/18/05 board or am I imagining things? :cool: We must be on the same wavelength cruise wise this year. We're sailing on the Rhapsody with a bunch of friends on 9/18/05 also.

We wouldn't hesitate to sail on the Ecstasy again. We're taking all of the kids in July and we expect to have a great time AGAIN! :D

Julie

[The Passengers Went Nuts And Started Throwing Things Overboard And Demanded Their Money Back.

I feel really sorry for the sensible people on that ship that are trying to make the best of a not great situation-I've been there and it can be hard with people being stupid like that.

Karen, I think its a wonderful idea to go back on her. Besides, by the time they get done with they hype and work on "The Ecstasy" she'll be a top notch ship...hehe

We're sailing on her in two weeks and I can't wait!! And thanks to your optimism and making the best of everything, I'm more excited than ever!

Karen, I think its a wonderful idea to go back on her. Besides, by the time they get done with they hype and work on "The Ecstasy" she'll be a top notch ship...hehe

We're sailing on her in two weeks and I can't wait!! And thanks to your optimism and making the best of everything, I'm more excited than ever!

Oh you will have a great time! Our sailing was sold out with 2500 pax. It never really felt crowded and we didnt have to wait in long lines or anything. The longest line was at the Panarama Grill and it was only about 10 min. Happy sailing!:D

Karen: You go girl! I would keep using those % off vouchers also! We got some port vouchers one time for some over charge, blah, blah, blah and we used them years later. It was really weird, they sent like 6 for each of us with little amounts like $12.50, $15.00 etc. I didn't care, I used em anyways, thats more foo foos for me! Keep us posted if you do book.:p

Archived