Change in video package 26 days before the wedding

I received the following letter from Princess today

Dear Bride & Groom,

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding on Princess Cruises!

This letter is to inform you of a change that has been made to our Wedding Video product offering, along with an explanation of the changes and your options.

The Wedding Video product line has now been expanded to offer a range of services and price points to accommodate every need and budget. The original video package you purchased is no longer going to be offered as an option going forward and in its place we have developed three new packages.

However, please note that if you decide not to opt for any of the alternatives listed below, you will still receive the exact product and service you requested in the beginning as we intend to honor this package for those who have already booked and paid for it.

We are simply making you aware of this change to the product line so you have the option to either stick with your current choice, or change to one of the new offerings.

Your current video package priced at $795.00 includes the following:

Ceremony footage, spotlight (ship walk-around) and 50 image photo montage. The finished DVD is produced and edited in our shoreside facility and delivered to your home.

The new Video packages are as follows:

Package #1 $299.95:

Includes ceremony footage only, edited and delivered onboard during your voyage

Package #2 $599.95

Includes ceremony footage and spotlight (ship walk-around), edited and delivered onboard during your voyage

Package #3 $999.95

Includes pre-ceremony footage, ceremony footage, spotlight (ship walk-around) and reception footage. The finished DVD is produced and edited in our shoreside facility and delivered to your home.

Your options:

Option #1: Do nothing and you will still receive your full value $795.00 DVD product

Option #2: Choose a lower priced Video package and the price difference will either be refunded in full to your onboard portfolio, or applied to any additional Photo or Video products from our extensive inventory onboard.

Option #3: Choose a higher priced Video package and you will be charged the difference in price.

Option #4: Apply your entire $795.00 towards any Photo or Video package when you board the vessel for your Wedding voyage.

We apologize sincerely for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please do not hesitate to contact The Wedding Experience if you have any questions.

Thank you

What I am really confused about is I have documentation that says my video would include portions of the reception. I am not entirely sure what to make of this letter, especially since everything was finalized for my wedding last week and I don't understand how they can change things suddenly like this 26 days before the wedding.

Dear Bride & Groom,

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding on Princess Cruises!

This letter is to inform you of a change that has been made to our Wedding Video product offering, along with an explanation of the changes and your options.

The Wedding Video product line has now been expanded to offer a range of services and price points to accommodate every need and budget. The original video package you purchased is no longer going to be offered as an option going forward and in its place we have developed three new packages.

However, please note that if you decide not to opt for any of the alternatives listed below, you will still receive the exact product and service you requested in the beginning as we intend to honor this package for those who have already booked and paid for it.

We are simply making you aware of this change to the product line so you have the option to either stick with your current choice, or change to one of the new offerings.

Your current video package priced at $795.00 includes the following:

Ceremony footage, spotlight (ship walk-around) and 50 image photo montage. The finished DVD is produced and edited in our shoreside facility and delivered to your home.

The new Video packages are as follows:

Package #1 $299.95:

Includes ceremony footage only, edited and delivered onboard during your voyage

Package #2 $599.95

Includes ceremony footage and spotlight (ship walk-around), edited and delivered onboard during your voyage

Package #3 $999.95

Includes pre-ceremony footage, ceremony footage, spotlight (ship walk-around) and reception footage. The finished DVD is produced and edited in our shoreside facility and delivered to your home.

Your options:

Option #1: Do nothing and you will still receive your full value $795.00 DVD product

Option #2: Choose a lower priced Video package and the price difference will either be refunded in full to your onboard portfolio, or applied to any additional Photo or Video products from our extensive inventory onboard.

Option #3: Choose a higher priced Video package and you will be charged the difference in price.

Option #4: Apply your entire $795.00 towards any Photo or Video package when you board the vessel for your Wedding voyage.

We apologize sincerely for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please do not hesitate to contact The Wedding Experience if you have any questions.

Thank you

I have bolded the parts that matter to you. All they are saying is that they are now offering different packages, and that if you choose to, you may change to one of them or keep what you have. I don't know if they had any options before or if there was only one package, but it seems like now you get less for less and the same for more; so you are probably best staying put unless you wanted one of the cheaper options.

Archived