Aruba Sailaway Beach & Snorkel Cruise

Colts-Steelers

Has anyone taken this excursion offered through RCCL? It's the catamaran snorkel trip to Pelican Marina with a barbeque lunch. We are thinking of booking it because we want to do a catamaran at this port, but I'd like to find out how others enjoyed it.

• 1 year later...

We just returned and we did this tour. We enjoyed it, the first stop for snorkeling was really good and the water was pretty calm. The second stop over the shipwreck the water was pretty rough the day we went so I didn't snorkel out over the ship much but my dh did and said when you get on the otherside of the shipwreck that it is pretty neat snorkeling. The bbq lunch was good and it is a really nice beach. There is a lot to drink on the catamaran too, rum punch, coca-cola, diet coke, pineapple juice, orange juice, fruit punch, rum, gin, whiskey.

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

Hi!

Thanks for the update on the snorkeling. I'm glad you had a good time. It's a shame the water was rough. I do have a question, is it easy to get in and out of the boat? By any chance, do they have the steps that lead down into the water instead of having to slide off? Thanks!

Our one experience at the beach in Aruba a few years ago was of awful wind that sandblasted us. Is this normal for Aruba?

Yes, with an average wind speed of 13 - 20 mph and average maximums of 28 - 37 mph, this is bound to happen. Aruba is an extremely windy place which makes it tolerable each and every day of the year where the high's are 86 - 91 degrees.

I will be the first person to tell you that the desert island of Aruba is not for everyone. But I will also tell you that on a land based vacation there, getting rained out for a week just does not happen.

Archived