Roll up table

A while ago someone on the boards mentioned that they brought a portable table with them on the ship. They said that it rolled up and when open was large enough for two. Does anyone have any info as to this table? I wish to purchase on and cannot find it anywhere.

Yes, I am one of the one's who took it last month on the Jewel and posted about it. It's called "Roll-A-Table" and as mentioned above, it will come up in a Google search. It ranges from about $39.99 to about $55. But watch out for the shipping. The cheapest in price is not always the cheapest after you add in shipping. I also had to figure out which one did 2nd day air the cheapest since I bought mine about six days before we left for our cruise.

We got our roll-up table at Bass Pro Shop. It is really cool and easy to transport.

However, I had one bag too many at departure time, so our Roll-up table stayed at home!

Folks have used this table out on the balcony when they're having breakfast. On the Radiance, we had a small table, but it wouldn't be big enough to put all the breakfast stuff on. However, there is a small coffee table in the room that could be taken outside, too.

The Roll A Table makes any balcony an absolute pleasure. You cannot eat properly on those little stool/side tables without major balancing on laps.

We had room service every morning and had a full breakfast on our balcony. Wonderful to use for pulling into port. We were the envy of anyone who saw us using it, including the waiters.

The Roll A Table will definitely work on the smaller / E1-E2 category balconies.

Yes, we had a D1 balcony and the tiny little table they give you (it was about 1 ft diameter and about knee height) wasn't barely big enough for my cup of tea and DW's orange juice and certainly wasn't big enough for our breakfast plates. That along with requesting bathrobes made a late rising morning quite pleasant.

We have a JS on VOS. From what I see they only have the small side table. I had a D1 last year and didn't have a table on the balcony. I bought the one from Campmor. It was $49.00, including shipping. Since it rolls to 32" long and 6"wide, I will put it in my suitcase.

Breakfast on the balcony will be fine. Everyother cruise we had to eat inside because it was too much trouble to balance everything outside.

Thanks to all. (4 months from today!!!!!)

Robin

I, too bought one of these roll-a-tables after seeing the posts a month or so ago...but now that I have it I find that it doesn't fit length-wise in even my largest suitcase (and trust me, its a big suitcase!!) Anyone else have this problem??

- PAGA

I, too bought one of these roll-a-tables after seeing the posts a month or so ago...but now that I have it I find that it doesn't fit length-wise in even my largest suitcase (and trust me, its a big suitcase!!) Anyone else have this problem??

- PAGA

We found that we had to bring our largest suitcase (which we normally don't use because full, it tends to exceed the weight limit and cost us extra on airlines) and put it in diagonally. We just made sure that we packed light bulky things in that suitcase.

It didn't fit in our largest suitcase BUT my husband had absolutely no problem carrying it on the airplane and stowing it in the overhead. He had a small backpack and the Roll A Table, which met his 2 carryon allowance.

So if anyone is thinking of flying with this, it was done recently and shouldn't have any problems.

We purchased on recently and it came with its own carry bag - handle and all - very convenient. The table is all aluminum and has adjustable height legs. We will use it on our 12/4/05 Adventure of the Seas cruise on a D1 balcony. It looks really great, just big enough for the tqwo of us for just about any size meal. If it works out well, I just might open up some stands outside the cruise terminals and sell them.

I can't remember the name of the company now but will check at home and post the info. We did get free shipping and paid no sales tax since it was an internet purchase.

Just got mine. I really think that it will come in handy. It is too large for a suitcase so I will attach it to my wheeled carry-on. (I use an overnight wheeled suitcase as a carryon) I tried it and it works well. We don't have to fly as the port is 50 minutes from our home. We don't have to worry about the airplane luggage problems. The table is large enough to have dinner upon. Thanks for the recommendation.

I also purchased the Roll Table for our cruise in June. I took one of the carrying cases from our fold up chairs (we use the chairs for our kids soccer games) and the table fits perfectly in this carrying case. We plan on checking it with our luggage on the plane.

http://www.altrec.com/search/?words=roll+a+table

I purchased this about a month ago. I ordered something else to make up the order over $49 to take advantage of the free shipping. The pants I ordered came in 2 days! The table took about a week.

It was $39.95 when I bought it last month. It's $45 now.

I'm looking forward to using mine on the balcony in 9 weeks!! :)

Jacquelyn :)

• 1 year later...

I never heard about a roll-a-table until I ran across a thread that mentioned it. After checking it out, I had to order one. I ordered it from Altrec.com for $49.99 shipping included for the month of May only.

We have an aft balcony on FOS in Dec and plan to use this table. Naturally DH didn't want to add any more extra baggage, so I agreed to carry it, if he let me purchase it (I was only to get it anyway LOL). I can't wait - we enjoy eating breakfast out on the balcony and with a table like this, we should have enough room for everyone and all the food.

Thank you for suggesting this table and like someone else had said, who would have ever though of bring a folding table on board a cruise ship. But I bet alot more folks will be following along now that more and more folks are finding out about it. Who knows maybe the cruise ship folks will get the message and start making the tables bigger.

• 2 weeks later...

I received our Roll-a-Table last week. Put it up in under 5 minutes. It's very sturdy and can't wait to use it on board the FOS and our balcony. It weights about 10 lbs and as someone suggested, fits into one of those folding chair bags (it does come with a carrying handle) but I think we'll use the folding chair bag for easier carrying in the airport and on board the ship.

Thank you again for suggesting it (love this board).

Happy cruising to all

Just an FYI - I'm not sure about RCCL, but because of the recent fire, Princess and perhaps all other Carnival owned ships are not allowing any type of "foreign" items to be left out on the balconies. This includes towels, swimsuits, shoes, etc. If the other cruiselines follow this rule, those tables will have to be removed after each use and will not be allowed to remain on the balcony. The stewards on Princess are instructed to remove anything that is not put on the balcony by Princess.;)

Archived