Is an aft wrap on Spirt to Alaska worth $1200?

ammcem

We recently decided to cruise this August to Alaska on Spirit. I originally booked a guarantee balcony to save $500 over picking a particular balcony cabin since there was only one choice. When looking yesterday for balcony availability I saw that an aft wrap cabin 8273 was available for $1200 more than picking a balcony cabin. Is it worth it? I'm thinking we can pay for all of our excursions (expensive ones) for the difference.

I know this is subjective ... but what would you do?

I currently have both cabins booked and have until May 26th to cancel one of them. Other than the cabin itself, are there advantages to the Vista Suite over a regular balcony?

Having a balcony on an Alaskan cruise is a must. There are soooooo many beautiful sights to see that you could literally stay on your balcony all the time. However, just about any balcony will do.

Bob

The aft wrap does have the advantage of views off the side of the ship and the entire back. It can get very windy standing on the side of the ship-plus add colder temperatures to go along with that wind. We really enjoyed sitting on the part of the balcony that wasn't on the side. The added expense was worth it to us. Deck 8 doesn't offer as much of an overhang as deck 4 does. You'l have less protection if it rains.

$1200 makes it a tough call. I've had an aft wrap in Alaska on Holland America, with my wife for our honeymoon. The balcony was absolutely incredible. We spent a ton of time on it, and pretty much the entire day when we sailed through Glacier Bay. That being said, $1200 is a lot of money and I wouldn't blame you for not spending the money given that you have a balcony of some kind at the lower price.

We recently decided to cruise this August to Alaska on Spirit. I originally booked a guarantee balcony to save $500 over picking a particular balcony cabin since there was only one choice. When looking yesterday for balcony availability I saw that an aft wrap cabin 8273 was available for $1200 more than picking a balcony cabin. Is it worth it? I'm thinking we can pay for all of our excursions (expensive ones) for the difference.

I currently have both cabins booked and have until May 26th to cancel one of them. Other than the cabin itself, are there advantages to the Vista Suite over a regular balcony?

We had an extended balcony on our Spirit Alaska cruise which was wonderful , however this past Jan. we had our first wrap balcony on the Dream and if i was to do Alaska again the wrap would be our choice for sure!!!

I am so tempted to keep the aft wrap balcony....I've got 15 days to decide. I'm wondering if I should just pick a balcony (instead of guarantee) cause the idea of getting an obstructed view balcony vs. the aft wrap, makes me just want to get the aft wrap when a regular balcony would probably be okay.

I would pay the extra for a wrap to alaska in a heartbeat

We had one booked in Alaska once but cancelled and took a regular balcony when the price difference got to about $2200. However, we were booked on deck 5 and those suites are inferior to the other decks.

Since then, we've had the wrap on the Miracle on deck 4 and I can say it was awesome and we'd do it again in a heartbeat. If it were Alaska, I'd really try to do it. There is a lot better overhang on deck 4.

If your suite is the two separate rooms, keep it and don't worry about the money! They are the best cabins on any ship we've sailed. :)

I love the idea of a AFT wrap, but we had cabin 4229 and it was incredible. I liked the balcony and did not know anything about VS due to the Spirit to Alaska was our first cruise. I think of all the things we did in Alaska that we could afford due to booking a 8A balcony. I would do it again in a heartbeat, book an 8A that is!

I just returned yesterday from the Carnival Spirit on an AFT WRAP on the 4th deck (4237). This deck and room was perfect. This specific room has a great coverage of the roof. We had some rain and was able to be on the balcony most of the time. Naturalist Michelle from Carnival was telling us about wildlife on the different sides and we were able to catch them from our balcony. We weren't running from side to side. It was perfect. The balcony was worth it but so was the inside. The hot tub whirlpool bath and seperate dressing room was great. Well worth the price if you get the 4th floor. Just don't get the 5th floor. The rooms are different.

Enjoy - we had a great trip! Rain, fog and all.... Can't put a price on our room! Feel free to write me at newtocruise2011@gmail.com if you have any specific questions.

I think I am narrowing down my decision. After looking further, I can see I have the following choices:

Balcony Guarantee: base price (pricey)

Regular Balcony: base + $520

Extended Aft: base + $810

Aft Wrap: base + $1780

while I would love to upgrade to a particular balcony cabin ... I'm gonna stick with the guarantee and hope I don't get an obstructed view. I am doing this cruise with my teenage sons while my husband goes fishing and so I probably need to keep the price as low as possible. I can do it! Thanks for all your info. Then again ... I'm gonna keep the aft wrap reservation for a while until I either win the lottery or final payment is due.

I think I am narrowing down my decision. After looking further, I can see I have the following choices:

Balcony Guarantee: base price (pricey)

Regular Balcony: base + $520

Extended Aft: base + $810

Aft Wrap: base + $1780

while I would love to upgrade to a particular balcony cabin ... I'm gonna stick with the guarantee and hope I don't get an obstructed view. I am doing this cruise with my teenage sons while my husband goes fishing and so I probably need to keep the price as low as possible. I can do it! Thanks for all your info. Then again ... I'm gonna keep the aft wrap reservation for a while until I either win the lottery or final payment is due.

...........about the possibility of an obstructed view balcony on the Spirit! We had one on deck 5 last June and could see anything we wanted from it! Spotted whales several mornings and even some the naturalist didn't!! Lifeboat was located at floor level so we just couldn't see straight down but could see everything else. It's such a fantastic place to visit, try not to worry where your cabin is 'cause you'll have a GREAT cruise!!

Archived