Best option for touring the Cruzan factory

RZ3

We'll be in St. Croix next month on the Serenade and would reall like to visit the Cruzan factory. I'd thought about renting a car, but that's probably not a good idea if we decide we really like the place. ;) Any suggestions for visiting it responsibly? What else is near the factory? How far is it from Christiansted?

• 3 weeks later...

I would not recommend renting a car in St. Croix. I can't recall seeing any place to rent a car at the port while I was there on the Serenade this past Saturday. However, there were lots of taxi drivers available for hire. Most were taking passengers to Christiansted or to various beaches.

We took a taxi tour that went to the Cruzan Rum factory as part of an island tour. We arranged the tour once we got off the ship for $25, and it was a very good tour. There were eight of us. The taxi driver's "name" was Iron, but I have no other information on him.

The tour of the rum factory lasted about 15 minutes, after which we were given rum drinks. The cost was $5 per person. I enjoyed the tour, but I can't see spending more than 30 minutes there. I'm guessing that the Cruzan Rum factory is about a 10-minute drive from Christiansted.

Thanks for the response. I'm actually renting a Jeep from Budget there. They have a stand just around the corner from the cruise docks. I got an email from the folks at Cruzan and they will be open for our ship and they provided me with directions to the plant. We'll probably do that early, then head over to the east side of the island, back through Christiansted, then back to the ship.

Archived