Recommendation for Diving in Costa Maya

newdivah

My fiance and I just returned from a cruise (RCI - Grandeur of the Seas), and one of the stops was Costa Maya. By pure luck we found a fabulous dive shop named Blue Ha in Mahahual, which is south of Costa Maya. Everyone was wonderful, the diving was great, and the whole day was enjoyable. I am new to diving, and the staff made me feel very safe and comfortable, but also pushed me to try new things. The reef is absolutely beautiful. My fiance is a rescue diver, and he was also completely satisfied with his diving experience. So, long story short, if you're going to Costa Maya on a cruise, or you're in the area for whatever reason, get ahold of Blue Ha! (bluehadiving.com). One suggestion. If you go by cruise ship, there should be a shuttle which will take you into Mahahual. When we went, we got off the shuttle and then decided to walk the rest of the way, not knowing exactly where Blue Ha was. Don't do what we did! The walk was about a half hour, but in the afternoon sun carrying all our gear, I wouldn't recommend it. There should be taxis where the bus drops you off, so get one of them, and just tell them Blue Ha. They'll know what it is. Happy diving!!!!

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks

This is just the type of info I have been looking for. I had allready managed to locate Blue Ha, and have been conversing with them about diving when I'm there later this year. Their website looks good, and the seem friendly, BUT, it is so important to have feedback like yours to guide me. Thanks again for posting this.

Jerry

Archived