A few ?s cruise soon!

First off I think I remember them saying something when I first booked my cruise about me receiving something in the mail. My cruise is in 19 days. Do they mail anything out? Or is it all just the print off stuff on my cruise manager? Also are the drink coupons a good idea or the same as just buying the alcohol? Last question how do I add money to my onboard account ahead of time, I can't find it on the carnival website. Thanks :)

First off I think I remember them saying something when I first booked my cruise about me receiving something in the mail. My cruise is in 19 days. Do they mail anything out? Or is it all just the print off stuff on my cruise manager? Also are the drink coupons a good idea or the same as just buying the alcohol? Last question how do I add money to my onboard account ahead of time, I can't find it on the carnival website. Thanks :)

No they quit mailing the packet out a few years ago. You just need your boarding pass and luggage tags off of the cruise manager. I personally don't bother with the drink coupons they are a pain. No as soon as I board the ship I go straight to the purser's desk and put cash on my account. On the second day is when the take off the Tips. If you need anything else let us know! Enjoy and just remember you will become an addict like the rest of us!! :D:D

I didn't get anything in the mail. I just printed the paperwork and the luggage tags from the computer. To add funds before you board, call customer service and tell them you would like to add funds to your sail and sign account. Remember to ask for a confirmation email and print that email as well, just in case. When you check in or board the ship, you can ask them to check and make sure the funds are in the account. Have fun!!

First off I think I remember them saying something when I first booked my cruise about me receiving something in the mail. My cruise is in 19 days. Do they mail anything out? Or is it all just the print off stuff on my cruise manager?

Nothing is mailed. Everything you need (boarding passes and luggage tags) you will print from the cruise documents section of your Carnival account.

Also are the drink coupons a good idea or the same as just buying the alcohol?

In my opinion, it is only worth it if you are looking to pre-pay some of your alcohol expenses. The coupons are valued at $5.75 each, so any beverages that cost more then that (which are pretty much all), you will have to pay the difference. Some people have reported that they were not charged the difference when they tipped the server an extra $1-$2 per order in cash. I tried it during my last cruise and was charged the difference.

How do I add money to my onboard account ahead of time, I can't find it on the carnival website. Thanks :)

You can not do it though your Carnival account. You have to contact Carnival's Bon Voyage department and they will take care of it for you.

Archived